I need help in Redding S-Type FL Die bushing dies using the appropriate bushing?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MAXIMUS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2015
    NW
    I have recently read several postings on bumping the shoulder back. I am interested in obtaining the best long range accuracy I can so I would like to tap into your expertise. My long range rifle is a remington sendero 700 in 7mm STW. I currently use RCBS standard dies and Forester micro adjustable benchrest dies.

I wonder based on your experience how much accuracy improvement I can expect if I was to purchase Redding S-Type FL Die bushing dies using the appropriate bushing??

How do you determine the right bushing for the die?????

Can you give step by step directions(if possible) or just refer to the redding directions pointing out the key points to follow.

I am basing my request on your statement as follows:
    You are going to need an FL die, of either standard or bushing variety. I honestly recommend, even for a relatively new loader, the Redding S-Type FL Die. You will need the appropriate sized bushing to make this die size the neck properly, and you and I will need to talk to determine what that is. Standard FL dies do, indeed, size everything that can BE sized, but they size the neck down an amount that is usually excessive for accuracy and for brass life. A bushing FL sizer allows us to control that, and size the neck down no more than NEEDED.

I would send a private message to one particular individual but currently my posting count is too low to allow for this???

Thanks in advance
    maximus

triggerhappy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2008
    I have found that for my bushing dies the best tension is achieved using a bushing .003-.004 under the size of the loaded round

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Troll???

This member's last post was 8 months ago--AND got "Heated" because it was not answered fast enough??

NOW-after 6 days NO reply from this member??

Oh well....Bill.

Top Bottom