• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    It is obvious that leather is failing you. You should switch to kydex, preferably in digital camo.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    the-Ultimate-Duct-Tape-Wallet.jpg

Tough, cheap, easy to repair, supplies emergency Duct Tape if SHTF.

Olive Drab

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Indy
    You may want to take a look at the "Kastanza".

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoPf98i8A0g&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    I'm in the same boat. I want one like the maxpedition wallet, but the bifold lengthways style to hold a checkbook. Anyone know of one?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I've gone through quite a few wallets. any suggestions on a rugged one

I have found that it pays to buy quality. Pick up a COACH, HS TRASK, ORVIS or SADDLEBACK leather wallet. Expensive but tend to last me many years. The brands you can pick up at Kohls or Macy's or Target are all made in China/India/VietNam of cheap materials. A COACH (or similar) wallet will cost you a pretty penny, it will also outlast 3 or 4 of the department store wallets.

william

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Fishers
    I have found that it pays to buy quality. Pick up a COACH, HS TRASK, ORVIS or SADDLEBACK leather wallet. Expensive but tend to last me many years. The brands you can pick up at Kohls or Macy's or Target are all made in China/India/VietNam of cheap materials. A COACH (or similar) wallet will cost you a pretty penny, it will also outlast 3 or 4 of the department store wallets.

+1 I have a Gucci wallet that is about 5yrs old it spent 3yrs in Africa and still looks just like new. It was like $400 though...I couldn't find anything else to buy with a Saks giftcard I got. $400 is like what a T-shirt costs there.

Sweetums

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lake County
    The place to pickup a Coach wallet is at the outlet stores. It also seems to be a place to lose alot of money if the wife is along for the trip.

Oh... and what is a "tactical" wallet?!?!?

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Yeah I buy the Kohls wallets for $20.00 and they last me 3-4 years and you all buy the $400.00 wallets and they last you 6-8? I see no economy of paying that kind of coin for something like that.

elpenguin0717

Marksman
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    indy
    Yeah I buy the Kohls wallets for $20.00 and they last me 3-4 years and you all buy the $400.00 wallets and they last you 6-8? I see no economy of paying that kind of coin for something like that.

Your money will get cranky if it doesn't rest well you sleep in a comfortable bed i pressume money likes sleeping nice too gotta be considerate toward all the things you use daily Hahahahahaha

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama

I agree. But you can get a Coach wallet for a hell of a lot less money. In fact you can easily get them for well under $100.

As for Kohls wallets, never had a cheap wallet last 2 years. But the good wallets easily last 6 to 8 and look better than a "Docker" or similar brand after 2.

Top Bottom