• ...and so much more!
  • Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    If money is an issue, might I suggest you cruise the pawn shops in your area? I bought a Remington 870 back in '99 at a pawn shop for $125. If you buy a hunting version with a longer barrel than you want, you can buy a shorter barrel for @ $90.

BigJ3780

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 18, 2010
    If you like semi autos there is nothing wrong with a Remington 1100. They are very reliable and easy to use. Tons of accessories to help set it up to fit your particular mission. I have been shooting mine for a very long time, it has served as a trap, skeet, sporting clays gun, used for combat competitions, and is loaded with 11 rounds of 00 buck, has 4 slugs stored in the buttstock and in my bedroom as I type this. My personal preference is for pistol gripped shoulder stock, mine is wearing a 26 inch barrel and a 10 shot Choate extension allowing 10+1.

1100a-1.jpg

Changed my opinion on my first shotty! How much do these run?

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Changed my opinion on my first shotty! How much do these run?

Well...that is a tough question as that one isn't available as a factory gun and never was. However you can buy a basic used 1100 for a decent price and add the Speedfeed stock yourself for about 100 bucks. You can also keep an eye on gunbroker for deals like this one... Remington 1100 with 10 round mag extension : Semi-auto at GunBroker.com

Mine would be bit higher than that one thanks to the Hastings Wadlock barrel I have on it, the barrel cost me more than the shotgun did. However the Wadlock barrel gives such great patterns I feel it was more than worth it.

xHwyLT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2011
    Monroe
    Can't go wrong with either the Mossberg 500, or Remington 870. I have both. Personally I shoot the Mossberg 500 more, because the 870 has a longer barrel. Handle them at your local gun shop, whichever feels better to you is probably the one your going to shoot better.

lmaroska

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2008
    Purdue
    I prefer a Remington 870. Many things will do the job so get what the budget allows. Just remember the golden rule. Keep it simple stupid. :abused:

willie69

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    i have a colt delta 10mm it shoots like a shotgun and is almost as loud dirty harry would of been proud

Big Mac 1911

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    New Castle, IN
    I have an old Mossberg 500 that I made into a tactical shotgun. It already had an 18" barrel, just needed to add stock and forend. I added a light that you just touch with your thumb to activate and extra shell holders.

May be best to try to find a cheap used 870 or mossberg 500 and buying a kit. Just my thoughts!

Good Luck... Half the fun is building it yourself, in my opinion.

As embarrassing as it is to say, I don't have one right now. (unless you count a Taurus Judge) I use to have a Saiga 12 but ended up selling it a couple of years ago. All my gun money lately keeps getting dumped into handguns but it's time I start planning on a good shotgun that could be used for home defense. I have some experiance with pump action shotguns but semi auto is what I have shot most.

My favorite style is tactical, you know, something that would look good while doing a barrel roll across my hallway :D Seriously though, I do like pistol grips, front grips, rails etc.

What do you guys have? How much did it cost? Pics along with suggestions would be awesome!

Thanks!

devildawg00311

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Se Indy/Wanamaker
    As embarrassing as it is to say, I don't have one right now. (unless you count a Taurus Judge) I use to have a Saiga 12 but ended up selling it a couple of years ago. All my gun money lately keeps getting dumped into handguns but it's time I start planning on a good shotgun that could be used for home defense. I have some experiance with pump action shotguns but semi auto is what I have shot most.

My favorite style is tactical, you know, something that would look good while doing a barrel roll across my hallway :D Seriously though, I do like pistol grips, front grips, rails etc.

What do you guys have? How much did it cost? Pics along with suggestions would be awesome!

Thanks!

I use a Mossberg 500 cruiser. Its tacked out and looks sharp. The most important thing about a home defense shotgun isnt what it looks like but how comfortable you are with the weapon. honestly any 12ga shotgun will do the job. also to remember you can sink alot of money into a shot gun and they dont hold value. I have a lil over $550 in mine and it's only worth about $200.

DanO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    NW IN
    It is a TOOL. If you want a high speed super swat titanium-dipped autoloading shotgun, you can spend a lot of money. THey are cool, they are fun, they look all legit and evil and full of death. AND they will not make the bad guy any deader than the used Remington 870 you find at the gunshop. If it is a home defense gun, you will be using it at home, not on patrol in Burma. Keep it simple.

There is a reason the Secret Service still uses the 870. It works. Yes, they put a speedfeed stock on it and a tritium front sight, but that is it.

Top Bottom