• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I was in WalMart earlier today. I was just standing in line waiting for the girl to check me out. I was being friendly while minding my own business. The girl started ringing me out then stopped when a supervisor came over. While they were talking a Hispanic man in his late 30’s to early 40’s, interrupted them, asked for a pen, then walked away. When the girl finished talking to her supervisor, she apologized for the interruption, then proceeded to tell me that the Hispanic man who had asked for the pen, had been coming in the store on a regular basis and had been bothering her. She said he creeped her out. I asked if she had told her parents and the store manager about it. She said she had already told them about him and that’s what she was talking to her supervisor about moments earlier. Then she acted like nothing could be done about him.

She was obviously upset by the guy being in her line. After she finished checking me out I asked her if he was the one & started walking towards him. She asked me not to say anything, so I turned around and started walking out. I had all intentions of honoring her wishes. The creeper on the other hand walked right past me, stopped, then turned around and looked at her. I then very discreetly told him that he needed to leave her alone, that she was only 20 and too young for him. I also told him that he needed to leave her alone because her daddy had a gun. He tried to act like he wasn’t doing anything wrong & he didn’t fully understand what I was saying. So I pretty much repeated everything but this time I told him her daddy had a gun and he didn’t like older men messing with her. Then I made the shooting gun hand gesture. I once again told him to leave her alone and I walked away. I went back to the cashier and told her what I had said, then I left. I was not loud or obvious in my confrontation of him. The girl was afraid of getting in trouble so I tried to be discreet.

I put my groceries in the car & brought my cart back in so I could make sure he wasn’t bothering her again. He was sitting on a bench near the exit. I had an opportunity, so I played creeper for a moment. I stared at him, pulled my phone out & played with it while looking at him. I was hoping to get a picture of him but didn’t see a way of doing it without being obvious. I went over to the cashier & told her he was there. Then she whispered that the lady she was checking out was his wife. I then left. I didn’t know creeping was a family event, I think the creeper & his wife had a least a couple kids with them. I don’t know if the wife knows about the creeping.

The whole interaction just left me feeling crappy. I know I did the right thing by standing up for her but knowing she could get in trouble for my actions feels so wrong. The posts a few weeks ago about the uncle worried about his niece being stalked made me feel like I had to do something to protect her since I knew about her situation. I could say something and leave with a mostly clear conscientious or I could do nothing and dwell on for days.

For my part, it was kind of a dumba*s thing to do. I am about as scary as Hello Kitty. I am not your stereotypical WalMart shopper. Although I have my lifetime & a big gun, I do not carry. I had no weapons on me. I did have on nice heavy, leather Timberlands that I could have kicked the sh*t out of someone if the opportunity arose but that’s about it. Usually I am only armed with a warped sense of humor, a sound mind, a sharp tongue & the theatrical ability to pretend I’m dancing on the crazy side.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    Well sometimes you have to make a fast decision whether or not to intervene and that is what you did. I like to see that people seem to be standing up more for each other. If all the good people like yourself would continue to do so this world would be a much better place.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Why worry about being obvious? Embarrass the heck out of him. Make it obvious you know he's up to something and you're documenting it. Carry a damn gun, what's wrong with you? I CC, but probably would've "printed" for the message value. My kid's a son that's big enough to kick the snot out of about 98% of people now, but that protective instinct just doesn't go away. You were doing the right thing. Don't feel bad.

Milkshakeed

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Indianapolis
    You did the right thing. The cashier had to tell you not to do anything. If it looked like she was asking you to do it it would have gotten her into trouble.

There is that section of creepers that think they can get away with anything. They need to be told they can't because to many people are creeped out by them. It's good to put the fear of God into them.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    Wow! Way to go. Just cause he brought the wifey and kids along doesn't necessarily mean he's not stalking the girl anyway. Too many folks just back away from things like this. "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

fenderpbass

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2011
    Evansville
    I think you did the right thing also. There are some real creeps out there. I would have done the same thing and have in the past. I don't feel bad about it. I carry concealed and do at Walmart a lot of times.:yesway:

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Management is failing to do their job. -1 for imitating shooting him...if there was a language barrier, he might think you were threatening him.

Talk to manager, request be asked to leave and not return if cashier is working. If he does, then the policecan be notified and he can be charged with tresspassing. I've seen this happen here .

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Be totally obvious. Let him know you are taking his picture. Do not make a scene just shine a light on the pervert. You would be surprised how fast they slink away when they feel the pressure of outside influence. I have done the very same thing for very similar reasons but I am a fairly robust fella and am not to scared of perverts. You were brave and correct to do this. They are similar to Coyote, they need a light shined on them while being hunted.
    I would venture to say he has backed off. Problem is, he will find someone else to pester.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    It's not a matter of "threatening", just kind of helping him understand what league he's playing in and make his decisions accordingly.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Just saying maybe the cashier was over reacting. People of different ethnicities have differing definitions of normal. My "personal space" is a LOT smaller than some other ethnicities.

Just saying one person's story isn't the whole story...

Top Bottom