• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I have an M&P9 with a S&W Micro90 pistol light, it is a great light, but bladetech is the exclusive holster maker for holsters for that light. They don't even list it, you have to call them to order one, and they want 115 for a crappy holster.

So I decided to make my own. After taking turnandshoots kydex class of course. I was over at his place yesterday and I got the body made, finished it up today.

This is how far I got yesterday.
    0418122254.jpg

After a little grinding
    0419121228.jpg

The back side
    0419121228a.jpg

Screws in, for the loops and after some more form fitting
    0419121228b.jpg

Back side with loops that have been fitted to my 5.11 belt
    0419121229.jpg

Wearing it empty
    0419121545.jpg

Wearing it with pistol in
    0419121543.jpg

0419121544.jpg

I love it, but I may be biased. It holsters easy, the draw is still a little tight, but light enough that it will work itself out after about 100 draws or so, I hope. Keeps my pistol very tight to my body. I really like it, I think total cost of materials is somewhere around 20 bucks.

hrearden

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Nice job man. If it works well and is durable, youve done a fine job. Mine would probably not look as good as that one as I tend to forgo looks on my first try. Gotta love Kydex.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I did some more grinding on it today, will post picks tomorrow, but I had to trim some of the bottom corners down a bit. And I softened the edges on the back side, one corner was really rubbing my ****s when I was driving my car.

amhenry

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Bloomington
    Booey50, You can get Kydex from Laird Plastics in Indy. I buy all my Boltaron sheet from there. I prefer Boltaron to Kydex, but they're fairly similar.

Where you buy from really depends on the quantity that you want. If you're looking for less that 20sq/ft, KnifeKits.com is your simplest option.

You can find everything that Knifekits sells cheaper elsewhere if you're willing to purchase quantity. If you found a few other interested people, it might be worth it for you...

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Things I have learned

If you don't want to do a forward cant, you have to give yourself plenty of room near the grip.

If you want no can't at all, and the holster to ride a little lower, you are gonna cram your fingers near the rivets.

I should have done this years ago

Being able to carry a pistol with a light on it is awesome.

CR2 batteries are expensive

With a little bit of molding, you can make the holster turn your light off for you(that is prolly the coolest thing I have done to the holster).

Top Bottom