• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I love them, they're always so nice on the phone (except one bad experience when I got a non-english speaking brick wall to talk to for a while, she just didn't understand a word I was saying).

But... I don't need a 15 minute sales pitch EVERY time I call in.

Every single time I call with a simple thing, they take care of it promptly, and they're so nice about it that I hate to be mean and cut them off on their sales pitch. They want to know what kind of TV I have; if it's no cable/satellite then they want me to buy their service, if it's a competitor's service they want me to switch. Same thing with cell phones etc.

I just got off the phone and feel so enlightened. The lady explained to me all the finer points of the Iphone and how the new Iphone4 is this and that. And I "learned" that the Iphone can connect to wifi, WOAH, there, like I didn't know that... She told me all about how my wife and I could really make use of the internet on our phones etc... and I just couldn't cut her off. She was so nice, and had a very pretty voice, and she took care of something for me by going above and beyond what I was asking.

Do they really have to give the sales pitch every time though? I've probably wasted over 2 hours of my life listening to their sales pitches on the phone.

Maybe I'm just too nice...

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    AT&T ticks me off so bad. I like their internet service but their customer service blows if you have to call them. Like another poster said 3/4 time they know whats going on and 1/4 of the time you get a complete idiot on the phone who doesn't understand or just doesn't speak English. Tried to transfer my att service today and I basically got hung up on after 30 minutes. Everything was going fine until I got placed on hold fifteen times had to verify my address fifteen times and then got hung up on after I was told"Im going to confirm your order will you please hold" WTF?

Last edited:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    This isn't just AT&T. It's happening in every business. I think it all started with "Would you like fries with that?". Try depositing a decent sum of money into a savings account at a bank and they will try to sell you cd's, money market accounts, etc.

My wife has a relative that works at a bank. She has to get at least 2 referrels in a certain time period or she can get fired. Referrels are new accounts, cd's, debit/credit cards, etc. She hates asking customers but she has to or risks losing her job.

hoosiertriangle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Avon, IN
    I've found its easier to just say, "miss, please stop. I don't want to hear any sales pitch. Thanks." That usually suffices. I don't say it meanly, I just interrupt them and say it. Saves us both time.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Got a call from AT&T last night abouyt internet service. The operator asked whether I had a cable modem or dial-up. I said neither, I had a T-1 line (yeah, a lie).

She asked what that was, I said if you don't know then you certainly can't upgrade it (click).

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I love them, they're always so nice on the phone (except one bad experience when I got a non-english speaking brick wall to talk to for a while, she just didn't understand a word I was saying).

But... I don't need a 15 minute sales pitch EVERY time I call in.

Every single time I call with a simple thing, they take care of it promptly, and they're so nice about it that I hate to be mean and cut them off on their sales pitch. They want to know what kind of TV I have; if it's no cable/satellite then they want me to buy their service, if it's a competitor's service they want me to switch. Same thing with cell phones etc.

I just got off the phone and feel so enlightened. The lady explained to me all the finer points of the Iphone and how the new Iphone4 is this and that. And I "learned" that the Iphone can connect to wifi, WOAH, there, like I didn't know that... She told me all about how my wife and I could really make use of the internet on our phones etc... and I just couldn't cut her off. She was so nice, and had a very pretty voice, and she took care of something for me by going above and beyond what I was asking.

Do they really have to give the sales pitch every time though? I've probably wasted over 2 hours of my life listening to their sales pitches on the phone.

Maybe I'm just too nice...

they have to do that pitch by company policy because apple has them by the gonads and it's the only money maker for them right now so they are instructed to push it hard.

Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    AT&T customer service is great 3/4 of the time I've had to call in. Occasionally I get someone who has no clue what is going on or is extremely unprofessional and rude. But again most of the time they are pretty good!

Also, Tyler, I'm 95% sure your wife helped me get the right rebate for my phone after 2 reps at the West side store both on separate occasions gave me the wrong form, she went through the computer and finally got me the right one! Should have stopped there to begin with!

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    This will be twice in one night I've said this on two different intertubes locations....

Blame divestiture. I think AT&T really went down hill after Judge Greene broke them up. I know, not a popular opinion to take, but I liked AT&T. IIRC at the time they had more building and more employees than the federal government. And the gubmint hates competition. (as can be witnessed by recent wave of uh, well, call it what you want)

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    AT&T

Who's that?

I kicked them out of my house 4 years ago after paying almost $80.00 a month for local and Indiana long distance.

Went with Earthlink Truevoice for $20.00 a month for the whole kit'n kabootal, the second I switch I started getting mail and phone calls from them wanting me to switch back. I told them I had a better deal and told them. Then they throw some spew at me saying that they could do this and that for me to get my bill down to $35.00.

I said well, where was that deal for the last 15 years I've been your customer?

Pause and silence on the other end, I said have a nice night and goodbye and they said the same.

I've thought twice about switching to ATT Uverse, but I'm not going to pay to have every TV in my house hooked up to a box to watch. If I went to them I'd be paying 25.00 more a month and have slower internet speeds. Nope, I think I'm done with them for life.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    AT&T customer service is great 3/4 of the time I've had to call in. Occasionally I get someone who has no clue what is going on or is extremely unprofessional and rude. But again most of the time they are pretty good!

Also, Tyler, I'm 95% sure your wife helped me get the right rebate for my phone after 2 reps at the West side store both on separate occasions gave me the wrong form, she went through the computer and finally got me the right one! Should have stopped there to begin with!

well she said thanks for the compliment. also guys in town out of town whatever she has said she would hook INGO guys up in whatever way she could. just tell her tyler sent you from ingo.

Top Bottom