• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    I was just behind a gentleman at the grocery store. I was minding my own business while wearing my "Hillary for prison" t-shirt. This guy was in his thirties and LOOKED to be in top physical condition, but while checking out using his welfare credit card, he said "I like my money too much to cast a vote for Trump". I should have replied "do you mean that you like MY money too much and/or FREE money too much to vote for Trump?" Instead, I just shook my head in disbelief. On a side note I watched a couple yesterday buy $160 worth of junk food using a welfare credit card, and then their "Hoosier works" card to buy their bags of Starbucks coffee. Do I REALLY need to be paying for junk food and Starbucks coffee for others? What ever happened to BASIC needs?

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    I was just behind a gentleman at the grocery store. I was minding my own business while wearing my "Hillary for prison" t-shirt. This guy was in his thirties and LOOKED to be in top physical condition, but while checking out using his welfare credit card, he said "I like my money too much to cast a vote for Trump". I should have replied "do you mean that you like MY money too much and/or FREE money too much to vote for Trump?" Instead, I just shook my head in disbelief. On a side note I watched a couple yesterday buy $160 worth of junk food using a welfare credit card, and then their "Hoosier works" card to buy their bags of Starbucks coffee. Do I REALLY need to be paying for junk food and Starbucks coffee for others? What ever happened to BASIC needs?

That is funny. That is exactly what he meant. When I was a kid "welfare" had a certain stigma or shame to it and now it's pretty much just a credit card. It's treated like it is something they have earned or deserve.

I have been saying for a long time that we need to, as part of food labels, add a food grade something like, "nutritious preferred, nutritious, staple basic food item, non-nutritious, detrimental to health (junk food)". Something like this anyhow and then when someone with a Hoosier Works card attempts to buy the non-nutritious, or junk food items, they will not ring up. Years ago when I was a cashier, those cards would not pay for feminine hygiene products....weird, but why would we pay for coffee, soda, high sugar fruit juices, candy, ice cream, donuts, etc?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Wait just a minute here... you mean to tell me that you're not ok with providing garbage for the entitlement crowd to stuff themselves on then when that creates health issues, paying five times what you used to for health insurance so they can have free insurance as well? How very non-progressive of you.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    That is funny. That is exactly what he meant. When I was a kid "welfare" had a certain stigma or shame to it and now it's pretty much just a credit card. It's treated like it is something they have earned or deserve.

I have been saying for a long time that we need to, as part of food labels, add a food grade something like, "nutritious preferred, nutritious, staple basic food item, non-nutritious, detrimental to health (junk food)". Something like this anyhow and then when someone with a Hoosier Works card attempts to buy the non-nutritious, or junk food items, they will not ring up. Years ago when I was a cashier, those cards would not pay for feminine hygiene products....weird, but why would we pay for coffee, soda, high sugar fruit juices, candy, ice cream, donuts, etc?

That's the way the WIC vouchers work. They have a pretty specific list of approved items and if you try to get something that's not on the list, it is declined. Should be easy enough to make the EBT cards work the same way.

sdtech58

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 25, 2014
    Z'ville
    While I was in college, I just about puked when I saw the woman in front of me (with her 5 children) pay for a cartload and a half of groceries with the food stamps, then pull a gangster's roll of $20's out of her purse to pay for the cigarettes, beer and liquor. So while I was struggling to make something of myself on a steady diet of ramen noodles, tuna and Busch Light, she was pumping out more mouths to feed and eating steaks for all of her "efforts". Still makes me sick when I think about it.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Yeah, let's get the anecdotes going.

Can someone tell me about the F-35 handout or the new $1million/round ammo for the Navy?

And Congress could put an end to both this and the earlier complaints up-thread... hmm, what are the odds?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    While I was in college, I just about puked when I saw the woman in front of me (with her 5 children) pay for a cartload and a half of groceries with the food stamps, then pull a gangster's roll of $20's out of her purse to pay for the cigarettes, beer and liquor. So while I was struggling to make something of myself on a steady diet of ramen noodles, tuna and Busch Light, she was pumping out more mouths to feed and eating steaks for all of her "efforts". Still makes me sick when I think about it.

Bought and paid for block of reliable voters.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Yeah, let's get the anecdotes going.

Okay...

The KKK endorsed Trump...

Trump called a fat girl fat...

There is a tape (10 years old) of Trump saying if you are a celebrity you can grab a woman by the ***** and they will let you....

You mean stuff like that???? Just little anecdotes that don't show the whole picture and unfairly smear someone for political gain????

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    At least for the defense boondoggles, you get something. In the end, you get a cool toy which is sometimes useful. You keep engineers and workers employed...you know, people who do actual stuff.

On the other hand, what the taxpayer ROI on welfare.....wait wrong question- what is the politician ROI on welfare? Votes!

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    At least for the defense boondoggles, you get something. In the end, you get a cool toy which is sometimes useful. You keep engineers and workers employed...you know, people who do actual stuff.

On the other hand, what the taxpayer ROI on welfare.....wait wrong question- what is the politician ROI on welfare? Votes!
    I think your Econ 101 is a little rusty. Try again.

Top Bottom