• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thatguy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    On my birthday last year I did my annual weigh in. I tipped the scales at 237 pounds. Now, I'm only 5'8" tall so this was not a nice number to see. I've been a chubby guy for a long time but this was over the limits for me. I promptly went out and bought a bicycle and vowed that I would lose at least 50 pounds.

I started riding about 50 miles a week and changed up my diet a little. Sure enough the weight started coming off. Winter came and I had to put the bike away (because I'm a wuss that isn't adjusted to the cold around these parts) but I stuck with the diet and continued to lose at a somewhat slower rate.

Spring has come around and I'm now 2 months shy of a year. I hopped on the scale this morning to see 167 pounds. I not only hit my goal, but blew it out of the damn water! I've had to replace my entire wardrobe (heh, and I thought guns and ammo were expensive!). Overall I'd say this was a success.

Proof!
    AEiE3.jpg

I've started working out. I don't know if I will lose any more weight. I don't really care either way. I would like to lose the last of this belly I have.

Anyhow, I hope this might encourage some people around here who may be struggling with similar issues.

Last edited:

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Looks like you got rid of a couple kids too. That will help a lot with stress level and general health also, good move. :D

Seriously, though, that is an impressive accomplishment! Good job!

thatguy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Looks like you got rid of a couple kids too. That will help a lot with stress level and general health also, good move. :D

Seriously, though, that is an impressive accomplishment! Good job!

Ahh if only :D

Although, I've lost 70 pounds and my wife has lost 50. So, carry the 2, thats more than the average high school girl :rockwoot: and far more than those two boys combined. I have small kids.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Awesome! I dropped 50 myself. Don't worry about the number as much as the composition. I don't mind 250 myself with my build, as I don't float. If I lost much more it would get into muscle.

Top Bottom