• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    I had to laugh at the mailman today. I have been waiting for my order from Precision Delta to arrive and it finally came. They require that you buy bullets in lots of 2 thousands. I heard the doorbell and I peek through the window and see a mailman in his mid-sixties standing there straining to hold this box. I opened the door and took the box from him. It was obvious he was glad to get it off of his hands. I said, “I bet you’re wondering what is in this box,” and he admitted that he was. I told him it was 2 thousand bullets, and he said, “Wow.” I set the box on the kitchen counter and looked at the info on the label and it came to 53 lbs. Thank goodness for free shipping.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Did he say yeah, in his best Micky Mouse voice?? I bet he was glad you was home so he didn't have to carry them back to his car!! Too funny!!:D

WhitleyStu

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Whitley County/Allen County
    I watched our female mail carrier struggle getting a box or 2000 LSWCs out of the back of her Jeep. The next time I ordered I had Dardus label it "hold for pickup". I went to the post office myself... :yesway:

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    I work at the post office and it sucks. It is always funny because the boxes are not big, and other huge boxes weigh next to nothing. So when I am combining a container and dont realize it, it is embarrassing.

We have even had one dropped and the box tore open it was funny to see everyone going around and picking them up.

WLW

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    FedEx fella had a similiar struggle the other day at my doorstep. He said..."you got it" when he handed it off to me. I gave him an extra thank you since he had to walk it up my driveway and the house sits on a hill.

GSPBirdDog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Henryville
    I work at the post office and it sucks. It is always funny because the boxes are not big, and other huge boxes weigh next to nothing. So when I am combining a container and dont realize it, it is embarrassing.

We have even had one dropped and the box tore open it was funny to see everyone going around and picking them up.

How many did you stuff into your pocket?:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    My mailman is an *******, so I love ordering bullets
    finger.gif

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    Montana Gold has it figured out perfectly. If you order case lots from them they fit perfectly into a large flat rate box. If I remember 1 case (3500) 9mm JHP weighs 70 pounds. I have our female carrier trained to come to the door first, and I unload them from her truck.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    You guys should see my local Post Office cringe when I walk in, lol. They don't care for my steel targets!!:laugh:

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    The chick who delivers my mail is pretty cool. It doesn't hurt that I bribe her with maple syrup every spring. She calls when she's a mile out and I meet her at the end of the driveway or press the remote and open the gate so she can drive to the house. I do give the UPS guy a hisnia when I order surplus .50bmg projectiles from Pat's. Each ammo can is about 65#.

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Hey, at least your mailman delivered it... mine would probably just leave a note that I need to come pick it up at the post office. :xmad:

Mine does that everytime regardless of the size, weight or shape of the box. One time I walked out the door as the mailman was walking up the sidewalk and he handed me my mail with the notice. I was like WTF? I paid for the shipping so I should be refunded part of the cost since I had to go pick it up myself. :dunno:

Smitty506th

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    I have got to do this. I just need to find some .380ACP and 12g. what if I order more than one box.... 2 trips?

CVictor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Crown Point
    My mailman is an *******, so I love ordering bullets
    finger.gif
    LOL!!!!!!!!!

I just had a transmission delivered the other day, didn't get to see the UPS guy drop it off. He didn't carry it up the steps and to the door though, left it sitting in front of the car in the driveway. hah

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 6, 2009
    Jasper county
    When I order 7.62x25 ammo, I get it 2400rnds at a time in a wood crate. I weigh one of the crates once and they are 72lbs each. I ordered 3 of them at once about a 2 months ago and my mail man was not very happy.:D

thej27

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    I ordered 900 rounds of 8mm a couple weeks ago. The poor UPS guy was straining when I opened the door. He tried to set it down one handed and almost dropped it. "Thats a heavy one." was what he said with his arms shaking as he handed me the scanner to sign. It came in at 58 pounds.

Top Bottom