• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rdbs505

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 23, 2011
    Well, not really sure if this post will do any good or not but I guess it is worth a shot..

Just as the title says, I was hit by a car. I was trying to help pull a guy out of the ditch using my pickup. Around here in Hobart, IN we got a good sized snowfall around the 10th of Feb. I was driving down 700 North when I saw a Black Pontiac Grand Am in the ditch. Trying to be a good samaritan and get the guy on his way I stopped to see if he needed my help. I got the truck positioned hooked the straps up, and out he was in about 30 sec. After I unhooked the straps from his car, and he thanked me.. I headed over to my truck and knelt down by the hitch to unhook my end of the strap. The next thing I know he backs up, smashing into me and me into my own bumper. Instanly I was stunned.

I just got out of the hospital a few days ago. Broken ribs, broken shoulder, bilateral collapsed lungs..

Anyhow, the guy of course never called, never turned himself in..he basically bolted when I jumped into my truck to try and make it to the hospital asap. I'm asking anybody reading this located in NWI to keep an eye out for a *Approximately* late 20's early 30's 5'10 (+/-) Hispanic guy driving a Black Pontiac Grand AM. The car had the 5 point wheels on it, although I'm not sure if they were the dull aluminum or shiny clad style. I'm also not sure if the Grand Am was a 2 or 4 door. Windows might have been tinted I can't remember.

Shot in the dark, I know.. but thought it might be worth a shot if anybody knows someone, or something, or happens to see a car like that. Thanks for reading.

SockMonkey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    That really sucks. I commend you for being able to get yourself to the hospital, and am glad you are ok. Prayers for a quick recovery. If I lived anywhere close I would definitely keep my eye out. Hope they catch the SOB.

ejm874

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2009
    NWI/Indy
    Sorry to hear about this, best wishes! I'll keep my eye out around Valpo and surrounding areas and try to put him back in a ditch for you.

rdbs505

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 23, 2011
    REALLY appreciate all the kind words.. believe me now that I'm home and feeling much better, I really wish I had the forethought to get his plate or atleast a better description.. but with two collapsed lungs I was kinda freakin out and knew I had to go. Thanks again for the thoughts.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    Dad is right again. I quote "no good deed goes unpunished". Of course he is also the same guy that would/will help anyone in need with whatever resources he had/has available. I believe in the future, if I find myself helping someone out of the ditch, I will be snapping off a pic of his plate first... Thanks for the post, speedy recovery to you.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Wow... That's some serious BS! Hope that weighs on his mind every second of every day, although I doubt it does given what he did.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Words cannot describe how much the OP makes me mad.

Here you have a great guy trying to lend another guy a hand and in the end he gets repaid with two collapsed lungs and a "**** you later, buddy." :xmad:

rdbs, I'm really sorry to hear this...Please don't give up hope on humanity for this one piece of ****. I will be by to pull you out of a ditch if I see you on the side of the road in need of some help...Most of us here would do the same.

This story is un-****ing-believable.

BTW, I'm glad to hear you are making a full recovery. Rep inbound for doing the right thing, despite how crappy it turned out.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    WTF!!! :xmad:

What a POS! Very sorry to hear that. Very nice of you to help someoe out, too bad the person turned out to be a bum. Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery! :ingo:

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I agree with "Benny", don't give up on humanity for this one piece of trash. I would help you or someone else out of the ditch if possible. You did the right thing by trying to help despite how it turned out.

Terry

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    you been hanging out on that same stretch of road around the same time (now that you're out of the hospital) maybe he was on his way to work and uses that route regularly? just a thought. glad to hear you're recovering.

Jaredjosh

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Indy
    This is terrible. How in the world could someone be so heartless. I'm giving you rep for being a good guy. I wish you a speedy full recovery and that the person that did this to you be caught.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    Have you looked in the mirror? His plate number may be on your face:):

Sorry, sick humor and innappropriate:rolleyes: Too much CSI TV.

Glad you are recovering. Do you think that he did it on purpose or for what ever reason backed into you and then took off when he saw what he did?

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Wow! I hope you find out who it was! and glad to hear your out of the hospital and are doing better! It's hard to believe people can be that cold! but they can.

Top Bottom