• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbsangler

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Lizton
    Letter is addressed to (my last name) household, OR current resident. I opened it and it went into the explanation. The Office of Passport Services wants to have an interview with me about how they can better serve the American public's needs. Says that my household was selected at random. Says that participation is voluntary, yet crucial. Gives 2 ways to contact them to do the interview. Website....OR phone number. Then it gives a passcode number that is to be used during this interview. Also says that you need not have a passport to participate. (I do have a current US Passport). Then it says that if they do not hear back from me, they will "reach out" again. Gives a deadline to respond by 1-13-2014. Then it gives a website to go to if I would want more info about this "study."
    I think I will probably blow this off, kinda curious what you guys would do, or if anyone else has got one of these. I have the Passport for ID purposes only, I got my first one years ago, and I just keep getting it renewed every ten years. I don't intend on any travel cause I did that all when I was younger, I have everything that I need right here in the US.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I would be wary. Sounds like a phishing expedition. Have you shopped at Target? All they need for the stolen credit card numbers is a few pieces of info and you end up having a bad time with credit agencies.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Its not always a black helicopters/drone type of thing...

...could be they REALLY want to get opinions about how to improve their processes.

If you don't want to, don't - let them keep "reaching out" toward nothingness.

If I get a letter, I'll probably call and tell them the whole expedite fee thing is BS, as was the Dallas Passport Office being open during the government shutdown while the ATF NFA branch was not.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    In my line of work, I get pinged for "surveys" constantly. Not all of them are legitimate. Many of them are fishing expeditions, looking for information that can be used to breach systems I am responsible for. I'm always a little leery of answering stuff like that when I'm contacted out of the blue.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    spam0.jpg

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Does the website end with .gov? If it doesn't, its definitely not legit. I cant really even say that the .gov would authenticate it. Hackers can be pretty resourceful.
    If its a .com or something like that, I think I'd go use a library computer and feed with all kinds of weird stuff just for the hell of it.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Is there a return envelope with paid postage?

If so, take everything that came in the envelope to you (left blank) and stuff it all in the return envelope, then drop it in the mail.

Top Bottom