• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • barrelmaker_2002

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Rochester, MN
    On a for sale thread, posting a reply will make the thread reappear in the list of threads with unread posts. So the term bump refers to the fact that posting a reply to the thread "bumps" it to the top of the list making it more visible to prospective buyers.

Note that only one bump of your own for sale thread is allowed every 24 hours.

AJBB87

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Here
    "Bump" brings the thread to the top of the page. Like in classifieds, if you post in the morning, by night, your thread is probably on page 2 or 3. Posting anything in the thread will bring the thread back to the top of the first page of threads.

You don't have to write bump, you could write anything, but "bump" informs others that you are just trying to get your thread exposure.

AJB

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Note that only one bump of your own for sale thread is allowed every 24 hours.
    For the record.. there has been some discussion about this interpretation of the Classifieds rules in the Super SeCrEt Mod forum lately...

You are only permitted one bump by ANYone (not just you) per 24 hour period. So if someone "bumps" your thread by asking a question, technically that thread has received its 24 hour bump and it *shouldn't* be bumped again for another 24 hours. Please answer the question by editing the original post in the thread.

nalees

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    West Lafayette, IN
    For the record.. there has been some discussion about this interpretation of the Classifieds rules in the Super SeCrEt Mod forum lately...

You are only permitted one bump by ANYone (not just you) per 24 hour period. So if someone "bumps" your thread by asking a question, technically that thread has received its 24 hour bump and it *shouldn't* be bumped again for another 24 hours. Please answer the question by editing the original post in the thread.

i think that is a lame interpretation... it's a legitimate question/answer, therefore it shouldn't be considered a self-promotion

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    i think that is a lame interpretation... it's a legitimate question/answer, therefore it shouldn't be considered a self-promotion
    That's the frustrating part about moderating the Classifieds... we do allow some flexibility for answering a legitimate question/answer. But if it's something like, "Do you have pics?" ... the pics should be posted in the OP. The line is only slightly fuzzy.

nalees

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    West Lafayette, IN
    That's the frustrating part about moderating the Classifieds... we do allow some flexibility for answering a legitimate question/answer. But if it's something like, "Do you have pics?" ... the pics should be posted in the OP. The line is only slightly fuzzy.

ah yes, i can see how that would be harder to distinguish. i agree with you there! ah the joy of being a mod :P

Top Bottom