• ...and so much more!
  • SubicWarrior1988

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    central
    I traded my G19 for a CZ 75B today.

I went to the Lafayette gun show today to kick some tires and look around for a stainless Ruger MKII (there were none there). As a side folly, I figured I'd snoop around for a Ruger SR1911 just for laughs because I'd never actually seen one in person. There actually was ONE in the case of a fella from Richmond, nice guy. I really looked at that one long and hard, but, it really wasn't for sale, not cheap anyway. I was trying to convince myself that yes, this is something I will throw some cash at and try to acquire. As luck would have it, a really cool guy came up with a couple of Colt revolvers that he bought at an estate sale and wanted a general appraisal on. The pistols belonged to an exhibition shooter, had been engraved, had gold cylinders and triggers and were about the prettiest pistols I'd ever seen. The owner of said Ruger 1911 quickly shifted gears mentally and I used that opportunity to walk around and google some of the pistols I was interested in.

I carried in my Glock case as I was interested in trading it for the right deal. I really love the Glock platform, but for the life of me, I couldn't fall in love with the gen 3 finger grooves, the pistol just didn't fit. You'd think a guy would figure that out before he bought a gun in the first place, but I figured I'd get used to it. The beauty of a G19 is that if you decide to sell it later, you will have a tremendous resale value and there is no shortage of interested purchasers. I was stopped about 8 times asking if I was interested in selling. The typical answer was that I was more interested in finding the afore mentioned MKII or SR1911.

I had several outstanding offers for the Glock, but nothing was really moving me. I handled a WWI era, government issued 1911 that had served in both WWI & WWII according to the fella selling it. I had no doubt that he was correct as the pistol just screamed with history and credibility. I got chills just holding it and I was seriously considering going home and grabbing more cash to buy it outright. When the hot flash of impulsive buying subsided, I steadied myself, collected my bearing and re focused on the mission at hand. Find a MKII.......

As the buidling was heating up and filling with people, I had made my rounds and had contented myself on leaving. As a took out my car keys, I decided to browse a table on the way out that I'd only glanced at before. I wander to one of the last tables of my day and a nice fella makes a cash offer on the Glock, I consider it and then tell him I just want to look around a bit more. At one of the last 2 tables that I really look at, I see a glimmer of matte stainless on the end of a table on top of a non descript gun box.

Hmmm, I take a closer look expecting to see a Taurus or Beretta logo somewhere and then the Pistol comes into focus.

CZ 75B.

I've often wondered about these pistols as they've been mentioned numerous times in all of the online forums and such. I remember thinking that it looks a lot like a 92fs, how different could it be? I picked up the CZ and BAM, it happened. It was like this pistol was made for my hand, so comfortable. I could engage the magazine release without adjustment of my pistol grip. The safety was intuitive, the grip was a firm, comforting rubber material that felt like a perfect compliment to the smooth steel frame. It just felt.......right.

I'd fully intended to leave and put my 19 back in the safe for a while. The owner of the CZ and I discussed a trade and finally arrived at a friendly dollar amount. The 19 and a hundred bucks for the CZ in brand new condition, no scratches, perfect in every way. I toss around the deal a bit, reconcile spending a bit of cash based upon the fact that I love the feel of the CZ and bang, a deal is done.

I still have my 26 and will never part with it, but that pistol fits my hand, well, at least the 2 fingers I can get on it... I've not seen many of these stainless CZ 75 B pistols around and I'm a pretty happy camper. A fitting end to a pretty good day of gun shopping. I took the CZ to the range and ran 100 round through it to see if I still liked it and I'm happy to say that we have a winner. I was actually a little surprised at how accurate this pistol is.

I'm a new convert to the ways of this Czech Masterpiece.

294nlaq.jpg

11vtl3a.jpg

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Congrats on your upgrade and that seems like a decent deal to me. I love the CZ 75 and would like to have a stainless model to go with my 2 Pre Bs and P07.

hrearden

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Glad to see another man who has seen the light on CZ. I have a p07, their entry into the polymer world. Love the steelies too. Accuracy in a well fitting handgun is something worth talking about. Theres a reason Jeff Cooper got such a hardon over these handguns.

kazaam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    Lucky! Been trying to get a polished (or even matte) stainless CZ, but its been nearly impossible to find one. That looks great.

xdmstu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Lower NE Indy
    Wow, congrats on the find! Enjoy! :yesway:

:hijack:

... I love the CZ 75 and would like to have a stainless model to go with my 2 Pre Bs and P07.

... I have a p07, their entry into the polymer world...

How are you guys enjoying your P-07's? I have been considering one. Being a lefty, I like the ambidextrous controls and the option to switch between the safety or decocker.

Top Bottom