I don't usually get upset with vendors but...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    But at this show, someone found my button and pushed it. I was quietly browsing, making my way to the various tables staffed by my friends, and seeing what all there was to see. I walked by one table that had ammo for sale in little clear plastic baggies. The quantities in the baggies was small so I was intrigued as to what it may be and paused for a closer look. I saw 9mm FMJ and .22lr Remington re-packaged into 25 round baggies with a price of $9 for the 9mm and $5 for the .22lr. I began to walk away when someone staffing the table came outside the table and said to me "that's a good deal right there, you should buy some". I replied with "on what planet is that a good deal?" The guy said "right now that's about as good as it gets, and we have plenty". I said "it's because of guys like you that this stuff is unavailable at normal price". He then said "hey, no need to be a dick about it". I said "you're the one who stopped and confronted me, remember? Good luck dude".

Now I don't give a damn if this guy is buying at normal price when he can find it and trying to profiteer his finds. I really don't care. BUT! Do not approach me and try to tell me how good a deal it is when you know damn good and well what you are doing.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Yeah it's such a good deal that he has to chase down customers. I don't like in my face sellers period.
    I have bought ammo for what is now top dollar but that's because I needed it in order to have a couple fun range times which is my stress releaver. But it was my choice to buy it.

I can't believe the guy called YOU a dick. Reminds me of how well my wife can turn everything into my fault somehow, lmao

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I was looking for some ranger t series (saw 2 boxes in the entire building) and the guy said I have just about everything, asked for t series and he said everything but that and said he had gold dots... Told him I like gold dots and he went to hand me the box and said there you go and the price was 20 something... Told him I did not like him that much and pretty much that if I was going to spend the cash it was going to be on what I wanted....
    The guy just looked at me and started talking to someone else.

Some vendors there are easy going and don't mind if you don't buy... Others I think are about to have a stroke.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    At least you were treated better than I was at the FEB show when i stopped to give my father an extra 200 dollars to get a gun of a walker.

The jewelry selling ladiy (Well it looked more like bedazzled stuff to me) asked us to move out of the isle in front of her display, She rented the table not the isle. I did not respond (So I did not go off on her with my dad in front of me as he is old school and I would have at 48 most likely got a spanking) but I just pretended to have shooters ear and hit the ignore button.

At least the ammo was gun related.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Next time, ask for a business card. Take a pic of the ammo and the price and the vendor if he'll let you.

We should have a "Wall of Shame" to post pics like that.

JB357Mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Yea!
    But at this show, someone found my button and pushed it. I was quietly browsing, making my way to the various tables staffed by my friends, and seeing what all there was to see. I walked by one table that had ammo for sale in little clear plastic baggies. The quantities in the baggies was small so I was intrigued as to what it may be and paused for a closer look. I saw 9mm FMJ and .22lr Remington re-packaged into 25 round baggies with a price of $9 for the 9mm and $5 for the .22lr. I began to walk away when someone staffing the table came outside the table and said to me "that's a good deal right there, you should buy some". I replied with "on what planet is that a good deal?" The guy said "right now that's about as good as it gets, and we have plenty". I said "it's because of guys like you that this stuff is unavailable at normal price". He then said "hey, no need to be a dick about it". I said "you're the one who stopped and confronted me, remember? Good luck dude".

Now I don't give a damn if this guy is buying at normal price when he can find it and trying to profiteer his finds. I really don't care. BUT! Do not approach me and try to tell me how good a deal it is when you know damn good and well what you are doing.

You did better than me, I would have given him a hearty
    "GO F YOURSELF!"

Jimmy

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

:+1:

There is a big difference between turning an obscene profit and pissing on your leg and telling you it's raining, especially when you DID NOT ask for his opinion.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    At least you were treated better than I was at the FEB show when i stopped to give my father an extra 200 dollars to get a gun of a walker.

The jewelry selling ladiy (Well it looked more like bedazzled stuff to me) asked us to move out of the isle in front of her display, She rented the table not the isle. I did not respond (So I did not go off on her with my dad in front of me as he is old school and I would have at 48 most likely got a spanking) but I just pretended to have shooters ear and hit the ignore button.

At least the ammo was gun related.

I probably would have "Mooned" her.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    The ammo prices there were terrible everywhere. I really thought this would have ended by now

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I hope they all get stuck with their overpriced crap.

These people will never get stuck with it because if it goes down they will simply sell it at the regular price they paid and get all their money back. Those of us who needed it and bought high to shoot it will be the ones stuck when the prices fall.
    Oh well I say. I was just glad to be able to get some anmo to be able to shoot. I spent just a bit more than my local gun store has it for and to me it was worth it.
    Thankfully I didn't need .22lr, lol. They REALY jacked that stuff up.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    The ammo prices there were terrible everywhere. I really thought this would have ended by now

Not everywhere!
    I picked up a 500 round box of the "no gun powder" .22's that had a $35 price on it, handed the guy a 50, he hands me back a 20 (for you math wizards, he gave me a $5 break). I'm assuming the discount was because of my vendor tag, but either way, not a bad deal!:dunno:

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    Haven't been in at least 3 years. With $12 admission, $5 parking, numerous vehicle break-ins in a crime ridden neighborhood, long lines, parking in BFE, high prices, why would I want to go?. Notice the absence of purple.

RedThunder

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Indy-North
    What an ass-hat. You on the other hand are a gentleman. But it must have been tough not to simply gut him.

I also agree about making a "Walk of Shame" thread oso no one every buys from them again.

Top Bottom