• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    What a great weekend for shooting, I spent Sunday afternoon with 4 young adults making sure they had a good time shooting this afternoon. We had a Browning buck mark, 10/22 heavy , 77/22, 77/44, 2 1911's,

2 boys 2 girls

Boys wanted to shoot the pistols of course and after some instruction the girls ended up really liking to shoot the Buckmark. Never pushed it any further on the girls.

The Girls enjoyed the 77/22 I think a little more than the 10/22, they had never worked a bolt action before and thought it was neat.

The boys really like knocking down shotgun hulls on stick at ranges from 25 out to 70

Everyone had a positive fun afternoon

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    The boys really like knocking down shotgun hulls on stick at ranges from 25 out to 70
    Lol, I used to do that with my dad and brother at Willow Slough, then last time I was there, they had shotgun hulls on their list of prohibited targets.

nalees

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    West Lafayette, IN
    Going out tomorrow with 3 buddies to shoot together. Not our first time shooting, but it is our first time shooting together! I've gotta get some more rounds through this Glock and Beretta!

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    I took my mom to PSS to find a gun she likes , looks like it's gonna be a Glock 21SF for her first gun .

On the way out we ran into DHolder and had a nice chat about reloading .

Ya never know when your gonna run into another INGOr .

zky

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Didn't get out this weekend, but then again the range is usually pretty busy on Saturdays. We usually try to get out during the week, which we might actually do tomorrow.

Kids sure do love shooting if they are taught properly and given a chance to learn the sport. Nice job.

Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    Was out this weekend at a local private range. Was shooting blackpowder Saturday. Had the 45 inline and traditional 50 out. Had a few other guys come up and sight in some slug guns, including a brand new 410 single shot for an 11 year old. He was having a blast. As I was shooting and loading I seen he had a close eye on me with the old smokers. I asked his dad if it would be ok for him to shoot one of my guns (reduced charge of course) if he wanted to. The dad said sure. I was talking with the young man and offered my gun to him to shoot, atfirst he was like NO WAY! butafter a little explaining that he could change the amount of powder that was in it, he was all for it then. I let him load the gun (under my supervision) and explained tohim what each part was. He was like a sponge absorbing the info. He set up on my redneck shooting bench (folding table) and took the shot. Ido not know if he hit his target, but he had fun.

A couple of other guys came out with AR-15's. They shota few rounds, nothing much. But I had a few cans set up at almost 100 yards, I offered them the cans to shoot at. Not one hit onthe cans. I was picking and said, "don't make me have to show you 2 guys up withthis here smoker". Then all I heard was OK. Well I loaded up the 45, set mysightes on the Dr.Pepper can, squeezed the trigger and after the smoke cleared the can was gone.

Nice day to say the least.

Top Bottom