• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I just got my first AR and haven't shot this platform since I got out of the Army. So, Jake called me up last night and said he was willing to break off some of the rust on me. He wanted to ensure I understood how to use a scope, so he demonstrated with Slimplmr's 44 caliber rifle.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPhEYHk-ifc]YouTube - Are you ready?[/ame]

I'm not sure I can do it the same way he did it, so I will have to practice. :laugh:

Everything you read prior to the video is fabricated for the sake of humor, but video speaks for itself! :lmfao:

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    Yeah, I did that one day when shooting a single shot .44 mag rifle after shooting .22s all day. It cut my eyebrow pretty bad. Good job not bleeding!

Walter Zoomie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    BeechTucky
    Big dummy.

Some day, I should tell you all about the first time I was deer hunting...with a shotgun.

OK....here it goes.

I had never fired a shotgun before. I was on private property which had a firewatch tower. I was in the tower...all cool and sniper-like...when three does and a nice buck strolled right underneath me.

I took careful aim at the buck with the gun...sight alignment, sight picture...and a nice tight CHEEK WELD on the left side of the stock...just like I was taught while firing an M16.

I fired. The buck dropped like a ton of bricks right where he stood.

I tried to yell "I got one!" at my father-in-law who was on the other side of the cornfield, but my swollen and bloody mouth wouldn't let me!

I'm such an ass.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Did the same thing the first time i ever fired a real gun, I was probably between 8-10 years old, and it was my dad's Mini-14 with a scope. Got my eye right up there so I could see good, pulled the trigger... *WHAP*

"Here son, lets shoot something a little smaller..."

slimplmbr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Greenfield
    Gotta say had a blast shooting with you guys. I gotta say I was worried for a little bit, thought Jake might have broke my scope. Don't worry though Jake it got Billy not a week before.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Been there, done that!

I dont shoot long guns much, and when I do it, its mostly .22s. Whenever someone hands me something larger, I wind up hurting myself if I dont think it through. That first shot is always brutal!

Top Bottom