• ...and so much more!
  • richardraw316

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    It finally hit me today, maybe this ammo problem is starting to come to an end.
    I know, I know. There are a thousand threads like this one, but i believe i have to share with my brothers and sisters on ingo when i find ammo.
    Since my wife works nights, we do our shopping at night at walmart. well everytime i go in, i check the ammo. nothing for months. till tonight. We went in around 2 am. and we saw ammo. so much, i had to take pics. i could not believe i was seeing 22lr in the case, and no body fighting for it.
    Avon Walmart. just Wow.
    in the first picture in a gray box at the bottom, thats a box of 30-30. i have not seen that in a while.
    IMAG0563.jpg

IMAG0567.jpg

IMAG0566.jpg

IMAG0565.jpg

IMAG0564.jpg

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    If that much ammo in a cabinet that large is still getting folks excited...the insanity is not done yet.

Chesh97

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 28, 2011
    NE Indiana
    2 boxes of 223 2 boxes of 7.62 and you say "end seems to be in sight" ??

I Highly disagree. I check my walmart EVERY time I am there, and it's empty. I miss the days of walking in and buying it when you wanted it/needed it. THis SUCKS!

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    End of not, it's good to see that it made it to the shelves and not directly to the trunks of those who have friends in the stock room.

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    What you saw was the ammo shelf just before the wannbe dealers got there and bought it all up to sell at the local flea market at a 400% mark up over retail, just to make a "few bucks".

derrickgoins

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    End of not, it's good to see that it made it to the shelves and not directly to the trunks of those who have friends in the stock room.

This^^^^! Definitely doesn't signify the end, but it's good to see that stores are able to get over any "internal process issues" and restock shelves.

philbert001

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    Allen County
    The one positive that has come from the ammo shortage, is that it lit a fire under my butt to start hand loading! Granted, I spend just as much time searching for reloading components, as you guys spend looking for factory ammo, but when I do score, it translates into hundreds of rounds, not a 2 box limit! The accuracy of my handloads, and the reduced price has already turned 3 of my buddies into handloaders!

richardraw316

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    2 boxes of 223 2 boxes of 7.62 and you say "end seems to be in sight" ??

I Highly disagree. I check my walmart EVERY time I am there, and it's empty. I miss the days of walking in and buying it when you wanted it/needed it. THis SUCKS!

Sorry but all the tul on the third shelf was7.62 and you can see at least twenty boxes of tul 223 .
    The point of the thread was how nice it was to see ammo in the case and not an empty case.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    It finally hit me today, maybe this ammo problem is starting to come to an end.
    I know, I know. There are a thousand threads like this one, but i believe i have to share with my brothers and sisters on ingo when i find ammo.
    Since my wife works nights, we do our shopping at night at walmart. well everytime i go in, i check the ammo. nothing for months. till tonight. We went in around 2 am. and we saw ammo. so much, i had to take pics. i could not believe i was seeing 22lr in the case, and no body fighting for it.
    Avon Walmart. just Wow.
    in the first picture in a gray box at the bottom, thats a box of 30-30. i have not seen that in a while.
    IMAG0563.jpg

IMAG0567.jpg

IMAG0566.jpg

IMAG0565.jpg

IMAG0564.jpg

Thanks, needed to stop by and get some Dirty Bird targets, and to my surprise this afternoon there was still some 40 on the shelf. I picked up a box of WWB 40 JHP. I left 2 additional boxes of 40 there, as I have a bit of 40 put back, but wanted to get back in the swing of picking up a box here and there when I see it.

Another person picked up a box of 45 while I was there.

No 22LR left when I got there (only 22 WMR), and the person working the area said he just sold the last of the 9mm they had (I should have gone by earlier in the day).

Just glad to see it staying on the shelf for a bit.

richardraw316

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    Thanks, needed to stop by and get some Dirty Bird targets, and to my surprise this afternoon there was still some 40 on the shelf. I picked up a box of WWB 40 JHP. I left 2 additional boxes of 40 there, as I have a bit of 40 put back, but wanted to get back in the swing of picking up a box here and there when I see it.

Another person picked up a box of 45 while I was there.

No 22LR left when I got there (only 22 WMR), and the person working the area said he just sold the last of the 9mm they had (I should have gone by earlier in the day).

Just glad to see it staying on the shelf for a bit.

that might be better new than i thought. there was no 9mm when i got there. so that means they put more out before you got there.
    this leads me to believe the stock i saw was from the morning before. thelady at walmart told me they put ammo out at 7am. so all the ammo i saw must have sat on the shelves for 19 hours. thats progress in my book. or maybe i am just an optimist.

dwain

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    Along the Wabash
    I found some 22 CCI Mini Mags HP at Walmart in Princeton this morning. I could not believe my eyes. They had maybe 10 boxes of 100 for $7.29 each about 9:00 this morning. There were 2 people waiting for the clerk when I got there. We all 3 bought our limit of 3.

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    West Lafayette walmart had tula 223, maybe 20 or 25 boxes Saturday. There was one box of tula 223 brass max first time I've seen brass 223 at walmart since December. Today there was only one box of tula left.

Top Bottom