• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Actually it seems long to me (as weird as it sounds). I have both the collapsible and this one (kate moss stock).... I don't usually have the collapsible at its max length, so this one feels longer to me as there is no adjustment.... but I like it because it shortens the OAL when folded (or when the collapsible is all the way in) by about 3-4 inches, which makes it short enough to fit in my backpack.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    20160801_200926.jpg

I don't hate KJQ anymore!

:rockwoot:

Of course, I still can't shoot it... :facepalm:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    If I had an MPX, that's what I'd do, but I also have my primary rifle setup that way too.

Having the light aligned with the bore is an advantage, especially when shooting around cover. On top keeps it out of the way and it's in a handy spot for the way a lot of us grip the fore end.

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    Having the light aligned with the bore is an advantage, especially when shooting around cover. On top keeps it out of the way and it's in a handy spot for the way a lot of us grip the fore end.

Exactly, and also add in that it makes it much easier to get to the light when you transition to weak side.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Exactly, and also add in that it makes it much easier to get to the light when you transition to weak side.

Agreed!

My rifles now how the light in a VTAC mount on the top rails. It's on the left side, but I can still reach when I shoot lefty. It would be better to have it inline on top, though.

Sorry for the threadjack! (for once)

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Looks good rookie! I like the k's with the short cans! I can also appreciate this because it appears you are a lefty.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Have you considered moving the front sight rearward and putting the light on top at the front? That's what I'm going to do with my next rifle.

Like this?

20160801_223650.jpg

My fat thumb gets in the way of my rmr and I have to completely adjust my grip on the vertical grip to activate the light. I do agree that it works better for either hand, but I think I'd have to lose the vertical grip.

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Like this?

My fat thumb gets in the way of my rmr and I have to completely adjust my grip on the vertical grip to activate the light. I do agree that it works better for either hand, but I think I'd have to lose the vertical grip.

Yep! That's exactly what I meant. It was worth a try, but sounds like your configuration will suit your needs better. Carry on and NICE GUN!

Tryin'

Victimized
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Rookie, are you having any issues with particulate blow-back from the charging handle orifice? I had heard that might be an issue from someone who has both the MPX and the EVO. He said that he doesn't care to run his MPX suppressed due to the gas and particulate blow-back.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I haven't shot it suppressed yet. I just picked up my suppressor yesterday and realized I need a fixed barrel adapter. KJQ would be able to answer your question.

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    Having shot KJQ6945's suppressed, the only thing I noticed that was kind of weird is that there was blowback from the gases, but it was coming out the bottom of the mag.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Having shot KJQ6945's suppressed, the only thing I noticed that was kind of weird is that there was blowback from the gases, but it was coming out the bottom of the mag.

I would be surprised if there was significant blowback to the shooter. A suppressed, short-barrelled Sig 556 on the other hand can make you feel it in the eyeballs even with glasses.

Top Bottom