• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gadgetmonster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Southport area
    The tactical advice I have been reading here is to avoid an altercation.
    Don't let yourself get in the position of having to use deadly force if at all possible. Think ahead. Maneuver out of it.

So as I see it, to try and avoid gun control out of Washington my best option is to support the efforts of the NRA. Don't sit back and do nothing and allow it to happen then get all wound up when it does. Maneuver out of it.

I have listened to the Pro's and Con's voiced here.
    For me there is no need to debate them anymore.
    I believe the NRA is best suited to fight this movement at this stage.

Brownells and Midway USA both promote joining with a link. Before I join may I ask: Does INGO have a pathway to the NRA? If INGO gets credit for it I want to use it.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Some are familiar with discounted rates for lifetime membership (typically around $1000) but can be found at around $300.

I would also recommend contirbuting to the NRA-ILA directly. This is the wing of the NRA which directly affects legislative authority at the capital and only a portion of your membership fees will go to this effort unless you donate directly to it separately.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    In my humble opinion the NRA is the best choice but you might also consider joining the GOA (Gun Owners of America) as well.

There is no pathway to the NRA from INGO that I know of. But the advice presented above of the discounted lifetime membership is an outstanding deal.

marcweid

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Avon, IN
    I joined this year after several years on the fence. For me it came down to the fact that they are very powerful and can and do help the 2A cause. Now more than ever gun owners need to be heard and they are the loudest voice. Even if you don't agree with all of thier views they are still on your side as a gun owner.

Gadgetmonster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Southport area
    Thanks for telling me about the lifetime membership.
    Done!

NRA-Life-MemberSM.jpg

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I'm paying 600 total for my lifetime membership, and that was the cheapest I'd seen anywhere until, until I saw 300 a few places. It's a good thing. I am bitter about all the crap they send me every other day, and the DVD I didn't want, sent back, they didn't receive, so I sent them a 30$ check to pay for it... :) but seriously, it's a good thing. Honestly, aside from the political pressure and good things like that, I always wait for my American Rifleman magazine in the mail. It's a good read!

Join up!

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    C'mon in boys, the water is fine.

Joining the NRA is a great way to amplify your voice. I might or might not agree with all of their positions but because they represent so many voices they get more attention from lawmakers than an individual person. They have people watching proposed legislation and let me know when I need to direct my attention to protecting my rights instead of just enjoying them. When they send out an alert I write my representatives. I certainly don't have the time to watch every bill drafted on my own.

They also provide opportunities for training, discounts, books, and events.

reno

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Indiana
    I became a life member many years ago and have since increased my level of membership.
    Many will bash the NRA for doing this or not doing this. Hog wash, no other group has your back for supporting the second amendment like the NRA.
    You will not regret becoming a member.

Top Bottom