I am looking for a place to shoot a AR50 in Northern Indiana..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I am looking for a place close to South Bend to shoot my AR-50 Legally. 300 plus yards would be awesome! Any Ideals. I want to make sure it is welcome where I go.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I believe you may be able to at Roush in Huntington. Only 100 yds though.

I know that a gentleman who was running for sherrif here, who passed away, let people fire 50 cal barret for a fundraiser.

Call and ask, and it's $4 all day.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 6, 2009
    Jasper county
    Tagged, I too have been trying to find a place in northern Indiana to shoot long range. Longest I know of is kingsburys [STRIKE]200[/STRIKE] 100 yard range. Would be awesome to find a 1000 yard range or atleast 500 yards

Last edited:

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    Hillside Shooting Sports has a rifle range that allows an AR50. They actually rent one. Their rifle range is out to 1000 yrds. also. It is a little far south of South Bend, but might be worth the trip to shoot some real distance. They are located in Roanoke just outside of Ft. Wayne. Roush does not allow 50 cal rifles.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Hillside Shooting Sports has a rifle range that allows an AR50. They actually rent one. Their rifle range is out to 1000 yrds. also. It is a little far south of South Bend, but might be worth the trip to shoot some real distance. They are located in Roanoke just outside of Ft. Wayne. Roush does not allow 50 cal rifles.

This ^ I'm planning on going up there as soon as I get the chance!

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Hillside has an excellent range and from everyone I've talked to it's a very friendly place to shoot.

If you don't want to drive that far you can check out Youngs. Youngs Long Shot Range

I've not heard of anyone personally going there though. I think its a bit closer for you though.

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    Hillside has an excellent range and from everyone I've talked to it's a very friendly place to shoot.

If you don't want to drive that far you can check out Youngs. Youngs Long Shot Range

I've not heard of anyone personally going there though. I think its a bit closer for you though.
    Bottom of the link posted says no 50 cal's. But does look like a nice 1000 yd. range.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Might call Youngs Long Shot range for more information. It actually says no .50 Cal BMG's. Not sure if that is just full auto 50's or all 50's
    :dunno:

I would say all 50 caliber. The official caliber is ".50 BMG" not to mean that it has to be a Browning Machine Gun, but that's the name of the round.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Thanks for all the tips! I had to have the thing. Well maybe I should day my son said I "had" to have it! What a great kid! My 11 year old mini gun nut LOL!I bought the last 4 guns I have beacuse "I" needed them :-) He is 11 and says he won't shoot this one cuz it's to "big" But that is what he said about my 30-06. Second range trip he would not put it down. I think it will be a while on this one. Although he is a big boy!

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    A follow up:

I have permission from the range master at Howard Township Conservation club in Niles Michigan. It's about 20 minutes from my house. He said that there are several people that shoot them there. It is only 200 yards but it is better then nothing! I hope to have time to shoot it in the next several weeks!

The range is nice. They are set up for 25, 50 100 and 200. The people are nice!

Top Bottom