• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ddenny5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Some where in the USA
    I am in the market for a 9mm. I do like the XD because I have two in .40 S&W. What other makes would you recomend? I did look at a SP9 by Ruger. This will be my range gun sense 9mm is cheaper to shoot. However, I do not want anything cheap in case I need it for self defense.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    XD9, or Glock 17/M&P9 if you're just wanting something different than what you've currently got.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    not-this-again.jpg

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    M&P9 Full Size or M&P9 Compact

You really should go to your local dealer and feel the M&P... It will be love at first fondle.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I am in the market for a 9mm. I do like the XD because I have two in .40 S&W. What other makes would you recomend? I did look at a SP9 by Ruger. This will be my range gun sense 9mm is cheaper to shoot. However, I do not want anything cheap in case I need it for self defense.

XD
    M&P
    1911 (several different brands of 1911 9mms)
    Beretta
    Sig
    Ruger
    CZ
    Browning Hi-power
    Glock

motoman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 19, 2008
    Idaho
    any sig, hk, glock, beretta or another xd will work. try them all out and pick the one that fits your hand the best and you naturally line up the sights well.

K9stang

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    Southern IN
    You really need to find a CZ, and try it out. They fit your hand like a glove.I have owned many different brands, and platforms, the only one I keep hanging onto is my CZ. :rockwoot:

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    IF you have XDs and you like them, and they meet your needs, and you shoot them well, and this is your range (i.e. practice) gun, then it's NOT the most wise course of action to go off and get something different.

If you get another XD in 9 mm then you'll have a gun for practice that has the same controls, same manual of arms, same sight picture, same grip angle, etc.

If you get something different you'll be doing most of your practice with something different than what you carry.

This is a no brainer.

Last edited:

Skoty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I would stick with the XD just to keep it all the same. I love my SR9, almost to 1,000 rounds and not one issue. If your somewhat close to Indy I will let you take the SR9 out for a test drive as long as you supply the ammo.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Browning Hi Power, my personal favorite. They have the best fit for my hand. With everything that is available in 9mm, I would choose what feels the most natural in you hand.:)

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    The Taurus OSS 9mm would be a good range gun, with its 5.25" barrel, and manual safety, plus you can get one for under $450 on budsgunshop.com.

Top Bottom