• Status
    Not open for further replies.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    OH SNAP. I can think of several reason why that was a funny, but stupid thing to do.

--She could have dropped and damaged the firearm.

--She could have discharged a round if the firearm was loaded.

--Also, she had the worst trigger discipline I have EVER seen.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    I've seen it but I don't think it's funny at all. If that gun were loaded or 1 stuck in the chamber and with her being frightened like that and her finger on the trigger. That's no game man and it doesn't look good for safe LTCH and for the 2nd Amendment. If I had my way I would have that video yanked off youtube.

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    It's one of my favorites, on the phone with a user now or I'd have already rewatched it. The husband comments about her not being safe with them. Misguided maybe, but it sounds like he was trying to put some fear in her before she does shoot herself. If I recall correctly.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    There are better ways than this hilljack, irresponsible and illogical action. Puts a black mark on the general record for gun owners and for the cause. Yet another reason and case for anti-gunners. :noway: I cannot even believe that folks think that is funny, even in the slightest.

Aszerigan

Whitetail Trading Co.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    390   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    If that pistol were loaded, he'd be a very poor teacher. Look on her face was priceless though. Everyone knows that if you don't know how to handle a firearm, don't pick it up.

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    I don't think any of us know what happened before that was recorded. I wont say it wasn't misguided, but just as folks can't see how I think it's hilarious, I don't see how other can't find it at least funny. For all we know (I doubt this is the case, but point still stands) he's got the firing pin in his pocket.

Last edited:

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    I see the funny AND I see the stupidity. I also see that if this lady was at all scared of guns before this, she will be 100% scared now. There goes the chance of another female shooter.

Bflo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    It was very irresponsible, but it still makes me laugh.
    Any idea why she was smelling the gun after she racked the slide?

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    I don't think any of us know what happened before that was recorded. I wont say it wasn't misguided, but just as folks can't see how I think it's hilarious, I don't see how other can't find it at least funny. For all we know (I doubt this is the case, but point still stands) he's got the firing pin in his pocket.
    There are exact replica non-firing functional guns you can play gun games with if that's they're thing. I don't think guns are a joke at all. But hey, to each his own.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    this video was very funny and everybody making all these what ifs its loaded ,what if it scared her ,a bunch of assumptions going on here and you know what happens when you ass u me. hey i got an idea lets assume the gun was empty and the husband just played a joke on his wife? naw cant do that nothing to snivel and whine about.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    this video was very funny and everybody making all these what ifs its loaded ,what if it scared her ,a bunch of assumptions going on here and you know what happens when you ass u me. hey i got an idea lets assume the gun was empty and the husband just played a joke on his wife? naw cant do that nothing to snivel and whine about.
    This is where it gets confusing because I thought everyone went on the assumption that always treat a gun like it's loaded. At least that's what 99% of people say.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom