• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    She either knew the law and was harrasing you or very stupid....I say stupid myself. What if you were a criminal with a gun....how many smart people would of approached said person and question them about it......? Was she blonde by chance?

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Why is it such an inconvenience to show ID? Not being critical, just curious.

I don't want to advertise the fact I'm an LEO. Off-topic but my BMW is getting coil overs installed and I am left with driving my patrol car off-duty....UGH!!!! Leaves me with the same feeling. I like "going under the radar".

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    We bank with the Eli Lilly Credit Union. While the "main" office is inside a secure facility (the Lilly headquarters, downtown), the other offices are not. We also use a couple of the shared credit union branches nearby, and never had an issue.

Heck, I withdrew a decent amount of cash the other day, and held the door for the security guard (returning from his smoke break) on my way out, all while OC. No one cared.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Some banks are like that. My wife works at KeyBank and they have the 'trap-door' entrance that scans for metallic objects. One of her co-workers is married to a police officer and the manager knows him but has told the tellers that any other officer he doesn't know will not be allowed in..which makes for an interesting dilemna, especially if the officer has an account there!

On one hand, it is a private establishment, and if they don't want firearms there, that is their right to refuse service. There are a lot of banks out there to do business with, along with establishments that don't throw a fit about firearms. I patronize Those businesses!

If they don't want firearms in the premises they should post it as such and as a private business they have that right. However, not having a posted sign says to me that they don't have such a policy and they are making it up as they go.

I imagine they lock the interior door, and keep the exterior door unlocked. I don't think they would be dumb enough to actually trap people inside.

I do remember once my father went into a gas station and got into some kind of argument with the cashier. Can't for the life of me remember what it was about now... but he raised his voice at her and she told him she was calling the police. He decided to leave at that point, and she LOCKED the doors with some button behind the counter.

So you are scared of someone, but you lock them INSIDE with you? It wasn't a walled in counter, or bullet resistant glass or anything either.

Father called 911 himself, but they wouldn't arrest the cashier for locking him inside. And he didn't do anything illegal, so they let him go home, just made sure to give the cashier a talking to.

Yep, I don't get the whole let me lock this guy in here with me to prolong the possible confrontation. I also generally don't get the attitude of let's mess with the guy carrying a gun. That tells me they are really not in fear of the gun/person carrying it, but rather pushing a political or other agenda. If there really was a fear there, their actions would be different I'm thinking. I'm not saying they should be in fear, and don't want them to be, but interesting when that is used as an excuse in these types of cases.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying open-carry is wrong, but for me I don't want anyone to know I'm carrying, for a variety of reasons..and getting back to the bank topic, again, its their business, their rules. Fortunately, we live in a society that allows choices on where to bank, especially if they differ in their ideology from a law-abiding citizen who happens to carry a firearm. :cool:

It is their rules, agree 100%, but they need to post them if they are in fact their rules.

I'm torn now. My bank's branch doesn't have a policy against firearms but they "prefer" you not carry one into the bank. I feel like I'm not welcome but they won't say it on paper.

Preference doesn't count to me. Why not call up a level and ask for what their official policy is and see if branch managers are allowed to turn their preferences into policies.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    Does it actually trap folks based on metal content? So, a fake hip would cause someone to get trapped? A large belt buckle?

Yeah, it has magnetic locks on the doors, one will not release until the other closes. The tellers can over-ride, I've been stopped by it carring a bank bag with a lock on it. What a pain in the rear.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    BiscuitNaBasket - I bank at Hunting too. I went to a branch that was robbed once; CC-ing but I wanted to go in. I saw the assinine double magnetic doors. I was mad. I got a 'satisfied customer call' and griped about it. I was told they didn't have an issue w/ firearems; BUT - when a branch gets robbed "at gun point" - they will then install the double automatic detector dummy doors.

I'd say you handled it well. Part of the value of OC'ing is educating and opening the eyes of those around us that ... good normal people carry guns, every day. It may not be directly why you're doing it, but its a 'value added' concept, IMO.

BTW #1 - my personal preference to the dummy doors would be to train the tellers and let them dress like in a gun shop; OC'd and ARMED. ... seems to work for most gun shops during business hours.

BTW #2 - I hate the 'it's their private property / don't do business there then' arguements; but it's a whole other thread and 6 pack can-o-worms with no satisfactory answer to end it and satisfy everyone ... and I know I'd be in the minority. ...

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    "Do I need to call the police"? - That is just awesome! What kind of a question is that and how would she expect a bank robber to respond? Uh, not quite yet can you wait till I have all the money and I am miles from here?

NSA 308

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    I find it comical that people who feel they must parade around with openly carried weapons to scare off bad guys, largely because of a lack of trust of their fellow man, get butthurt so easily when someone whose life does not necessarily revolve around guns becomes uneasy at a total stranger with a weapon.

I suppose some people just can't see themselves as other see them.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    I find it comical that people who feel they must parade around with openly carried weapons to scare off bad guys, largely because of a lack of trust of their fellow man, get butthurt so easily when someone whose life does not necessarily revolve around guns becomes uneasy at a total stranger with a weapon.

1e433_ORIG-The_Troll_is_Strong_in_this_one.jpg

Or you just have bad reading comprehension. Either way, take your OC/CC argument here. I don't want to hear it.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka

Wrong thread dude. Do a quick search and you'll find several threads going about that topic.

NSA 308

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Wrong thread dude. Do a quick search and you'll find several threads going about that topic.

Is there some kind of forum rule that I'm not aware of dictating that certain posts must go into certain threads? Kinda like a free speech zone?

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog

:lmfao:

NSA 308

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    1e433_ORIG-The_Troll_is_Strong_in_this_one.jpg

Or you just have bad reading comprehension. Either way, take your OC/CC argument here. I don't want to hear it.

Really couldn't care less what you "wanna hear." AND, I don't see "moderator" below your screen name, so perhaps you'd like to put away your Forum Police Department badge.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Is there some kind of forum rule that I'm not aware of dictating that certain posts must go into certain threads? Kinda like a free speech zone?

I think the point is you're rehashing what's been said thousands of times, and it's providing zero content to the discussion in this thread.

We've all heard every anti-OC line you can think of, and they're consolodated neatly in the OC/CC debate thread.

But, as you said, you aren't limited to go there. You can do it here all you like, but I wouldn't expect many positive responses.

Top Bottom