• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MPH

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    <~NOT a 'Baker' unit
    I looked into that thread..and seeing that it was 186 pages long, decided that my opinion either had already been told, or rebutted, so there was nothing I could add to it. To each his own :cool:

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    I agree! I do mine at another bank. I don't think PNC has a policy, but then I don't open-carry so there are no doors to deal with, or any workers that may be frightened by a firearm.
    Off-topic sort of, but I've never understood those who do open-carry. Yeah, there is no law prohibiting it, but just because you Can do something..does it mean you Should? If I was a criminal and saw someone carrying, they would be my first target to remove and proceed with my nefarious acts.

From Kirk Freeman, one of my favorite posts of his.

Like the guys said, Article I, §32.

Indiana became a state in 1816. In 1820 concealed carry was prohibited with the exception granted from traveling. From 1820 to 1935 concealed carry was illegal in Indiana.

After Southern immigration into Indiana created problems in that Southerners brought their culture of rough and rowdy weekend behaviour north of the Ohio, places such as Speedway, Indiana banned concealed carry.

Concealed carry has traditionally been viewed as the behaviour of the low-life, shifty man. Concealed carry was banned in many states, including Indiana, as only criminals concealed their weapons. An honest man carried openly as he no had criminal intentions, unlike those shifty concealed carriers.

My question for you, fw, why the fascination with the carry method of no accounts--concealed carry?

And I agree with you MPH, I hate when I get shot in the back, it happens all the time. I should really start to conceal my weapon...

Now, back on topic. I like online banks... cash a check via your phone... withdraw at any ATM and get your fees reimbursed at the end of the month. USAA is great for banking. I use to use that 1St Internet Bank based in Indy when I worked for ChaCha.

MPH

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    <~NOT a 'Baker' unit
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying open-carry is wrong, but for me I don't want anyone to know I'm carrying, for a variety of reasons..and getting back to the bank topic, again, its their business, their rules. Fortunately, we live in a society that allows choices on where to bank, especially if they differ in their ideology from a law-abiding citizen who happens to carry a firearm. :cool:

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Ok, I just had a pleasant and respectful conversation with the bank manager. We touched base with their firearms policy, lack of no weapons sign, and the teller.

Huntington Bank, at least at this location, does "not have a policy against weapons" but they do "prefer you not carry into the bank." They prefer I "use the drive through or ATM instead." He said that they "ask to see a badge or ID" if police officers carry into the bank.

I asked why they did not have a "no weapons" sign and he said that the location of the bank is such that they do not need it. I understood this but I did not see the logic in the reason.

As far as the teller, the manager said, that she was very nervous as she has been involved in robberies before. I said that I understand that but there was no need for her to threaten calling the police since there was no law being broken. I said that I tried to educate her on the law regarding legally carrying a firearm into a bank and she refused to hear it. He said that they have already talked about what happened and he will deal with the teller accordingly.

That was that.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Huntington Bank, at least at this location, does "not have a policy against weapons" but they do "prefer you not carry into the bank." They prefer I "use the drive through or ATM instead." He said that they "ask to see a badge or ID" if police officers carry into the bank.

Ugh, I would hate to have to show my LEO ID off-duty at a bank. No thanks. My CU does have a "all hats, sunglasses, come off" sign at the front door.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Very simple solution - Don't give these places your business.

I would never bank somewhere that had the double-door, or a "no firearms" sign/policy.

Or pick a different bank.

If you're interested in debating OC vs CC
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...lf_defense/71996-the_open_carry_argument.html

Looks like eldirector was faster on the keyboard.

The OP had previously OC'd in this bank for years. No problem. So how is it his problem now?

Exactly. Upon entry the first thing I would do is make a withdrawal. All of it.

Which bank do you all use?

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    Do that many bank robbers and other bad guys really open carry?

I think this is just another harassment of law abiding gun owners. Asking LE to show their ID? Wot BS.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Which bank do you all use?

Fifth-Third. Used the one at Co Line and 31, Smith Valley and Averitt, 86th/Trader's Point, and sometimes Southport. I OC to all of these.

Considering moving to PNC. I've OC'd to the big one on Main St and ... Madison I think. Also at 86th/Trader's Point.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    I'm torn now. My bank's branch doesn't have a policy against firearms but they "prefer" you not carry one into the bank. I feel like I'm not welcome but they won't say it on paper.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    i wear this little number to my bank every now and then......teller's don't even bat an eye.....they all know i have something on me even if they can't see it and they like it that way...

2s67pt3.jpg

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm torn now. My bank's branch doesn't have a policy against firearms but they "prefer" you not carry one into the bank. I feel like I'm not welcome but they won't say it on paper.

It's one of the positions that firearms owners must decide on.

You have three possible types of companies:

1. We ban guns here. (Jared Jewelers)
    2. We are neutral to state laws. (Starbucks)
    3. We are PRO GUN! BRING EM IN! (.... no clue where.)

Most companies maintain a neutral stance. Sometimes, we have to accept that as the best we're going to get.

I've found that you can find #3 hiding inside of #2. BW3, for example... the one I go to is run by pro-gun people, and we've spoken at length about carrying.

The Starbucks I go to all know I carry, and they're very cool with it.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I go into my bank all the time with my gun openly carried on my hip, sunglasses and a hat no less. Never had a problem.

I don't know ho=alf the girsl I see there but I do know the floor manager and a few of the others on desks so they generally say Hi to me as I come in so maybe this is why the "little people" don't question me about the gun.

The only time the police were called and I was run out of a place was the mall. Seems in the smallest possible print on a sign hidden behind the coke machines there is a line on the "Rules" that says no weapons allowed. I told the op as they ran me out that if they made it as clear that they wanted no guns in there as they do that I can't smoke anywhere near the building they wouldn't need to bother you nice policemen veery often since those of us with permits tend to abide by the rules. The cop agreed and told me never the less I needed to remove my gun before going there.

I told him I would simply remove myself and not return there as there is little in the mall I couldn't get on the interweb or somewhere less squeamish about guns.

This was all done respectfully mind you and I simpl walked away.

My Bank & branch is First Federal on the corner of Springhill & 3rd (route 41)

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Why is it such an inconvenience to show ID? Not being critical, just curious.

Because it is often not in their policy and they want to unnecessarily complicate my life. Speissberger's Veto.

Sounds like you handled it as well as you could.

"Do I need to call the police?" I mean, what can you say to a harpoon other than "no thank you".:dunno:

Top Bottom