• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nightsniper

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Back in the old days we would Hunt Rats in the Corn Crib or go to the Dump and shoot them. I havn't done it in years, So where doe's a guy go to Hunt :ar15:Rats??? Thanks Jeff

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    Makes me think of this video I just watched to other day. Looks like a ton of fun.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ryifroorags&feature=related[/ame]

rotortech

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Indianapolis
    This used to be common when every town had an open dump. Now there are land fills that are more sanitary and substantially reduce the rat population. You will have to go find a corn crib full of rats to shoot them now.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    This used to be common when every town had an open dump. Now there are land fills that are more sanitary and substantially reduce the rat population. You will have to go find a corn crib full of rats to shoot them now.

Just another veiled excuse for the gummint to intrude into our daily lives. Free the land fills. Bring back bubonic plague, when men were men, and ratz ran scared! Who's wid me??!!:rockwoot:

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    killed many rats when i was a kid with a #4 Remington 22 short in corn crib and barns.....in hi school me and a buddy raised beagles and the rats would dig holes into the pens.....we would move the pens dump gas in the holes and light them up then let the flamin' rats have with auto 12's....big fun!!!!

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    I shot a lot of rats at the dump when I was a kid.
    We would light a fire close to dark and those rats would come a running.
    We never did get in trouble. Walked right through town with rifles or shotguns. Nobody gave a second glance. Man.....those were simpler times.

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    We used to sit at the local grain elevator, in lawn chairs. We would sit for half the day and just pick them off as they came out. The old timers would come out and drink beer and watch just to B.S.
    We also had a big grain barn that was over run with the things. We would just flip over an old board and they would be running everywhere.
    Simpler times... Yes.

Top Bottom