• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rick983

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    The following is from the NRA-ILA website.
    On Wednesday, February 1, NRA-backed Senate Bill 243 received final passage in the Indiana Senate by an overwhelming 42 to 8 vote, after adoption of an amendment that clarifies misdemeanor charges for unlawful hunting with a suppressor.
    SB 243 would allow Hoosiers to use lawfully-possessed suppressors (also referred to as silencers) on firearms for hunting. Currently, Indiana law permits use of suppressors for all shooting activities except for the taking of game. Enactment of SB 243 would ensure that hunting is treated the same way as other shooting activities with respect to the use of suppressors, and allow hunters to reap the many benefits suppressor use provides. :ar15:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    And even when it IS signed by the Governor...It probably won't go into effect until the Indiana-standard July 1st starting time for new laws/policies/etc. And maybe not until even later closer to the start of squirrel season, but I'd bet on July 1, 2012.

-J-

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    I just got threads cut on my Remington 552 Speedmaster.
    I am nearly ready except for one small detail.
    Maybe I will get my supressor by the time it becomes law...

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    This was posted on Gemtechs facebook
    418581_10150528372625919_95700145918_9294927_1532681022_n.jpg

several members of the House and Senate went shooting suppressors with our dealers and the NRA today, helping make educated decisions on the pro-silencer hunting bill working its way through legislature there!
    Almost there.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.

several members of the House and Senate went shooting suppressors with our dealers and the NRA today, helping make educated decisions on the pro-silencer hunting bill working its way through legislature there!
    Almost there.

Thats awesome. I hope they all enjoyed it and now have a better perspective of our sport. Thanks to all the dealers that took them out to shoot. You have done a great service.:patriot:

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I don't think the DNR wants make it OK for deer. I am thinking that the DNR might want some say in it still. Even if the bill is passed and signed by the gov.

Nobody likes to be told what they have to approve, Maybe I am wrong. If it is signed and goes into law even on July 1st the written game law book would already be out in print stating it was not legal. That could cause confusion.

Arickosmo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Indy
    I am crossing my fingers and writing my rep. This would be a huge benefit to me, the coyotes will suffer but my neighbors will not.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Nobody likes to be told what they have to approve, Maybe I am wrong. If it is signed and goes into law even on July 1st the written game law book would already be out in print stating it was not legal. That could cause confusion.

yep, just like all the old State Park brochures that had the "no guns" blurb in them.

When (if?) law, everything that's already printed will still be given out until they're gone. New verbiage will be in the new edition, obviously, but it's not like they're likely to have a new printing just for this.

However, the coinciding of suppressors AND a new length limit on deer hunting cartridge... They just might hold off on printing anything new until everything's squared away.

And this new suppressor law should make plenty of non-hunters happy, too. For now it'll be legal to do pest control with them as well!

-J-

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    418581_10150528372625919_95700145918_9294927_1532681022_n.jpg

Almost there.

Gem-tech deserves much parise for the incredible outpouring of assistance they've provided on pushing and passing this bill. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Was the one dealer that arranged and participated in the shoot yesterday actually a Gem-tech dealer? Cory?

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    Gem-tech deserves much parise for the incredible outpouring of assistance they've provided on pushing and passing this bill. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Was the one dealer that arranged and participated in the shoot yesterday actually a Gem-tech dealer? Cory?

This was from SSNFA's facebook page:

SSNFA
    Operation "Quiet House" was a huge success as members of the Indiana House of Representatives and the Indiana Senate came together today with SSNFA and Huntertown Arms for a "Silencers While Hunting" demo. EVERYONE left with new found positive education and a smile!!

On the price chart Corey sent me awhile back there were Gemtech prices, so Im assuming he is a dealer for them.

Last edited:

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    This was from SSNFA's facebook page:

SSNFA
    Operation "Quiet House" was a huge success as members of the Indiana House of Representatives and the Indiana Senate came together today with SSNFA and Huntertown Arms for a "Silencers While Hunting" demo. EVERYONE left with new found positive education and a smile!!

On the price chart Corey sent me awhile back there were Gemtech prices, so Im assuming he is a dealer for them.

It was just a light-hearted poke at the several companies that are trumpeting the success as if they are engaged that have not actually done much to help in the effort. Indiana Class III dealers like SSNFA, 21st Century, Down By The Tracks and Front Towards Enemy (among others) are the ones pressing the issue and the NRA is doing much of the legwork behind the scene to get the legislators on board.

Top Bottom