• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MiCo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    192   0   1
    Sep 1, 2011
    Camby, IN
    Thinking of getting Huntertown Guardian for use on 10/22 and 22/45. Anyone have good/ bad experience with these? I have heard they are good for the money.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    I've. Got one but don't have those guns threaded (yet) but do have a ar15-22, 77/22, and m&p 22 ive got a 10/22 bbl coming. But in my firearms the supressor is quite I use standard. Velocity in rifles and any ammo in pistol

You definitely won't need earmuffs
    Don't know how to communicate sound in a forum but I'm. Very happy cleaning is easy

nsheepdog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Carmel, IN
    I saw that thing listed for under $300. Isn't that cheap for a suppressor? Looks like a good value. I'll keep my eye on this thread. Sounds cool.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    I saw that thing listed for under $300. Isn't that cheap for a suppressor? Looks like a good value. I'll keep my eye on this thread. Sounds cool.

You can find them for $199 at Front Toward Enemy Firearms. I think SSNFA has them for that price as well. I have one in the works and Im super pumped for it.

dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    From what I found they are 2-3 db louder than cans that cost twice as much. I have the SS version. 10/22 and Ruger MkII tatget hosts. If you are going for Hollywood quite you may be disappointed. The action working is louder than the shot. But that is what you here shooting. I just put the Guardian on a bolt gun, now there is where things get quite. With subsonic ammo it sounds like a pellet gun.

I am very happy with my can. I would reccommend trying before buying. I think Down by the Tracks has a demo this weekend. In all honesty I don't think 2-3 db is worth $200. Go for it!

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    $199.99 from Orion Arms.

Chris demo'd the can for me on a Savage FV-SR (I have one) with CCI SV ammo, and after hearing it be noticeably quieter than my buddy's break-barrel .177 air rifle I bought it on the spot.

May not be "the best" rimfire suppressor out there, but I don't think anybody objective could argue the value it provides given its performance and cost.

Hopefully my stamp comes back before July 4th...

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I have one and am very pleased with it. I run it on a GSG1911, a Marlin 795 and (soon) a SIG P228 w/threaded conversion kit. The tax stamp was more than the suppressor. I can run it in my backyard and it sounds like a powerful pellet gun.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    These cans ooze awesome sauce.* :rockwoot:

*Not literally, of course, they really do not require any sauce at all and run very quiet dry.

Best value I've seen and made right here in Indiana. :yesway:

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    I've had one for 4 months. Very happy with it.

I've used it on a 10/22 rifle and a P22 pistol. No problems.

Do remember to clean it regularly! :)

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    These cans ooze awesome sauce.* :rockwoot:

*Not literally, of course, they really do not require any sauce at all and run very quiet dry.

Best value I've seen and made right here in Indiana. :yesway:

I've had one for 4 months. Very happy with it.

I've used it on a 10/22 rifle and a P22 pistol. No problems.

Do remember to clean it regularly! :)

:+1:

Same experience here. They hold their own with suppressors that cost twice the money. And their new centerfire rifle suppressors coming out are above the rest and yet cheaper. :spend:

hotrodtba

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    Ossian
    You need the Huntertown BBB for the 21A...:D

Yes you do:

21AMicro-2.jpg

MiCo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    192   0   1
    Sep 1, 2011
    Camby, IN
    Thanks for the feedback everyone! I moved here from Illinois 5 years ago and am loving the freedom of firearm carry and the fact that I can even own a suppressor. I am going to start the process for a 6" Guardian for my 10/22 and get a MKIII/45 threaded as my next gun.

Top Bottom