Huntertown Arms moved to a larger facility?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    I've heard from my gunsmith who has his SOT and stocks HTA's suppressors that HTA has ceased production until further notice due to missing suppressors that don't have documentation. Apparently the ATF noticed and is investigating. Has anybody else heard anything about this?

Sureshot129

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I heard the same thing........Shut down indefinitely. I also know of another Indiana based SOT ready to start producing cans hopefully this fall/winter but more on that later.

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    Odd. They moved backed to Huntertown into a bigger facility and had an inspection as a result of the move, but all is well and will be dropping off 50 fusions tomorrow. The rumors not true.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated - Mark Twain

I didn't want to spread rumors but I did it anyway. Hmmm.

Another SOT ready to start producing cans. More Hmmm, with a side of yawn.

Maybe they heard that Jimmy Hoffa is buried somewhere under the 10,000 square foot manufacturing facility we just moved into. Or maybe the 20,000 square foot annex we just inked a deal on because we don't have enough room or enough power to manufacture all the silencers we are selling from our current upgraded facilities. Or maybe you have us confused with SilentRx. Is that you Rob? Is today April 1st? In any event I'm really glad they left all the machine guns and totally cool stuff in the shop after the "raid".

We just moved back to Huntertown into a facility we've already outgrown. We severed our business relationship with our old production partner and there were a couple months that we were between locations and getting machines up and running. It took four months for the ATF to approve the move, and during that time we couldn't manufacture any silencer parts. It had nothing to do with any of the silliness alluded to above. From our website:

"Due to our growth, Huntertown Arms has outgrown our current manufacturing facilities and is in the process of moving into a much larger shop with more dedicated machines and greater control over our production. We are going through the ATF approval process, and anticipate having authority to begin production within the next couple weeks. While we have done (and are doing) everything we can to minimize the impact on our ability to manufacture and ship product, we may have limited shipping for the next few weeks while we are in this transition phase.

We appreciate your patience as we prepare for the next exciting step in our company's evolution."

We have had our authority to manufacture for about 3 weeks now and processed about 4 tons of raw material this week. We are back at near full production and shipping lots of product every day. In fact the first form 3s for the Fusion T22 have been approved by the ATF and are being delivered to our distributors tomorrow. We have redesigns planned for a couple of our popular silencers, and a couple new ones that will be added to the lineup now that we have the production capacity to actually make them.

I guess haters gonna hate. Oh, and please post the name of the gunsmith that used to carry Huntertown Arms suppressors.

Last edited:

Hoosierman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 1, 2013
    Good to know. Had a moment of, "crap looks like I bought the wrong brand". Glad I was wrong, but it was only for a few seconds so it doesn't count right?

s-works

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Indianapolis
    It took four months for the ATF to approve the move, and during that time we couldn't manufacture any silencer parts.

Why would anyone organization want to go 501c? Just get your class 2! I bet you didn't even have to list out all of the designs on your employees boxers.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I live in Hunterown. Seriously, I really do.

How come I never HEAR anything from you guys? :):

I was at town hall this morning and they contend that it is very quiet in town..

Thanks?

dans4420

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2012
    Northwest Indiana
    The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated - Mark Twain

I didn't want to spread rumors but I did it anyway. Hmmm.

Another SOT ready to start producing cans. More Hmmm, with a side of yawn.

Maybe they heard that Jimmy Hoffa is buried somewhere under the 10,000 square foot manufacturing facility we just moved into. Or maybe the 20,000 square foot annex we just inked a deal on because we don't have enough room or enough power to manufacture all the silencers we are selling from our current upgraded facilities. Or maybe you have us confused with SilentRx. Is that you Rob? Is today April 1st? In any event I'm really glad they left all the machine guns and totally cool stuff in the shop after the "raid".

We just moved back to Huntertown into a facility we've already outgrown. We severed our business relationship with our old production partner and there were a couple months that we were between locations and getting machines up and running. It took four months for the ATF to approve the move, and during that time we couldn't manufacture any silencer parts. It had nothing to do with any of the silliness alluded to above. From our website:

"Due to our growth, Huntertown Arms has outgrown our current manufacturing facilities and is in the process of moving into a much larger shop with more dedicated machines and greater control over our production. We are going through the ATF approval process, and anticipate having authority to begin production within the next couple weeks. While we have done (and are doing) everything we can to minimize the impact on our ability to manufacture and ship product, we may have limited shipping for the next few weeks while we are in this transition phase.

We appreciate your patience as we prepare for the next exciting step in our company's evolution."

We have had our authority to manufacture for about 3 weeks now and processed about 4 tons of raw material this week. We are back at near full production and shipping lots of product every day. In fact the first form 3s for the Fusion T22 have been approved by the ATF and are being delivered to our distributors tomorrow. We have redesigns planned for a couple of our popular silencers, and a couple new ones that will be added to the lineup now that we have the production capacity to actually make them.

I guess haters gonna hate. Oh, and please post the name of the gunsmith that used to carry Huntertown Arms suppressors.

And this is called a well written ***** slap for the haters. Congrats on growing your business.

Top Bottom