• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • YoungMilsurpGuy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    Crown Point
    Anyone ever handle, shoot, or own any of the Hungarian made clones of the Hi-powers? From what I can tell, they seem to be copies of the older style guns, and FEG seems to have even in communist times solid workmanship, but given there $300ish price range, makes me wonder if they have some kind of underlying problem besides either the American bias towards western European gunmakers or away from east European manufacturers, or is it just rougher finishes?

And also anyone know any good surplus sources of Hi-powers that can be had relatively cheaply? I am not to hung up on the finish(can be an interesting part of a guns history for collecting purposes) so long as the gun is mechanically sound.

Dentoro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Fairland
    I just did get Feg ACK 45 today. Have not shot it. the company below sells them, I thought about ordering one from them but I ordered an Arcus 98 DAC instead. $299 from J&G. I love it. Gunblast gave it a thumbs up, but everything he reviews is "nifty little gun". Never have read a bad review on them. I don't think you can go wrong with a hi power clone. Bradis carries Isrealie Kareen, which I have read many good things about. It is a true clone. Single only. sarco even has a Dawoo BHP! I like FEG Guns, carried a pa-63 for years, ran like clockwork, never missed a beat. But I'm not a gun snob.
    Sarco, Inc. - PISTOLS

Last edited:

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    YES!! Great handguns, only the ones with the frame mounted safety is a direct copy of the BHP

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    YES!! Great handguns, only the ones with the frame mounted safety is a direct copy of the BHP

I would only get the frame mount safety as well. I love these pistols. They are not quite the quality as a Browning, but they shoot just as well. I did replace the extractor on the Charles Daley and will be changing the extractor on the FEG with the wood grips. I think I paid $9 for a Browning extractor for the CD and it works fine. CD is on top. The bottom 2 are FEG. Keep an eye out on gunbroker. They do seem to be drying up in my opinion. Not as many out there as there used to be.
    1007132337_0001_zps5dae2a3e.jpg

davedolli

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Clinton IN
    I have a Charles Daly finished by Magnum Research, parts by Feg, and the fit and finish is great, and it functions fine, plus it has an XS big dot night sight on the front. I would buy another if I could find one.

Dave

Onionsanddragons

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 13, 2014
    Terre Haute
    Hook a brother up, Gunaria!

I've been wondering the same as the OP. Or, if you know where I can find a line on a CZ Phantom, you could tell me that too. CZs are some of my favorite DA/SAs, but I always wanted to give a Hi-Power a spin.

Long Rider

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2014
    Franklin
    image.jpg
    Have this little FEG. Not sure it is an exact clone. P9RZ. Functions we'll, never failed to feed or extract. Shoots good. DA/SA trigger, bobbed hammer for concealed carry. Low serial number, 00078.

Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    The only true Hi-Power clone FEG made was the PJK-9HP. I owned 2 of them (back when they were $199 NIB). They both performed very well and were given to friends as I started buying actual Brownings.
    The Argentine FM's are also very good. Made under license from Browning. The last FEG I saw was pretty beat up and the guy still wanted $300. The Charles Daly's were FEG's brought in and sold under the CD name. I've seen several Argentines lately for around $400.

Top Bottom