• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dcobra

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    southport
    Went to bradis today for my g26 to buy +2 extensions and saw a hungarian AK. I dont know anything about this brand of ak or.... any ak for that matter, but it is really comfortable to hold on to so i was wondering if anyone has info on these. Any help would be appreciated.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    I've got an AMD-65 and another kit build AKM that *most* folks regard as Hungarian, though I could care about as much as my neighbor's mother-in-law's maiden name.

Both have been flawless. The AMD-65 has a special place in my heart - built by TGI. I saw where Dunham's had them for $399 last weekend.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    I've got an AMD-65 and another kit build AKM that *most* folks regard as Hungarian, though I could care about as much as my neighbor's mother-in-law's maiden name.

Both have been flawless. The AMD-65 has a special place in my heart - built by TGI. I saw where Dunham's had them for $399 last weekend.
    I wouldn't mind having an AMD-65 to add to my stable, but I can't get a cheek weld with those skinny wire stocks. :dunno:
    Mike

JJGatesE30

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    I dont know much about them either, but those AMD's are pretty cool. I had never seen one in person before going to Bradis a few weeks ago. We nearly left with one.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Was it like this one?

BabeAndreawithAKdrummagHungarian.jpg

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    AMD65

This one had a NODAK receiver, century, the sights were severly canted everything else was super nice, hook the strap to the stock acts like a cheek rest. Super fun to shoot and I really liked the stock and foward grip,
    The Iraq police uses these.

I would like to get an AMP69.

Sold this one awhile back but i wished i kept it. Funny, Bradis didnt want anything to do with this, the 2 weeks after there were 2 or 3 on the shelf......who would not want one with real russian plum, sling and a romanian drum....

here is a video of a friend shooting it.
    S5030388.flv video by nagant44 - Photobucket

S5030304.jpg

S5030319.jpg

Last edited:

dcobra

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    southport
    well i went back and they were all very nice but they all had one thing wrong with them. the sights were off on all of them. I dont know about you but i dont pay 600 dollars for something that is wrong from the get go. So... I got a g19 instead.:D

Shootin'IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    S.W. Indiana
    The AMD 65 is a fun rifle to shoot, it is kind of loud & will get other shooters attention.
    And who cares about cheek weld when it is so fun to shoot.
    Here's mine, the only draw back I find to these guns is, a 30rd mag won't fit.
    You will need 20rd or a drum mag to feed this baby.

2rlzq68.jpg

You can get a better price on these guns here.

AK 47 AMD 65 Hungarian Rifle

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    what

The AMD 65 is a fun rifle to shoot, it is kind of loud & will get other shooters attention.
    And who cares about cheek weld when it is so fun to shoot.
    Here's mine, the only draw back I find to these guns is, a 30rd mag won't fit.
    You will need 20rd or a drum mag to feed this baby.

What are you talking about!?!

I only used
    30 rd mags and a drum for my amd 65

in fact.
    S5030320.jpg

this is certainly no 20 rounder:)
    and it also fit before the grip was switched from the original Hungarian grip.

Last edited:

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Unlike the AMD pictured above, mine has the original Hungarian plastic grips. Mine, also, has no problems with insertion of a 30 round. Not exactly graceful but not something requiring too much trouble to get a 30 into the AMD.

I just got some Ironwood grips for mine but expect the same result as they're the same form as the original plastic.

The drums fit too. ;)

Drees555

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2012
    I have an AMD65 and run 20,30,& 75 rounders through it and it handles great. I've never had an issue with 30 round clips. I wouldn't say that is a wide spread issue from my experiences

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I have an AMD65 and run 20,30,& 75 rounders through it and it handles great. I've never had an issue with 30 round clips. I wouldn't say that is a wide spread issue from my experiences

I think what he was referring to is the forward pistol grip gets in the way when you rock the mag in. Shouldn't be an issue with a standard 30 rounder, but probably would be with a 40. I had the same problem with the "dong" handguard on my old Romy G.

Top Bottom