• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mx_chick_42

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Syracuse, IN
    I am due up to get e new phone this next week (friday). after alot of talking with my b/f i think i am going to go with the droid eris (not the motorola). i dont know anyone personaly so does anyone here have one? know anything about them? love them or hate them? any info i would love to hear! thanx so much

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    My wife and I just got HTC Eris' almost a month ago, great phones. Easy to use, android operating system and HTC's "sense" user interface makes for a very polished, user-friendly smartphone. Android marketplace has tons of great (mostly free) applications that really help you get the most out of your phone. My verizon store associate pointed me toward Android Central | Android Central , they have a dedicated HTC forum where you can learn more about the phones, recommendations, etc.

Also, they're durable to boot, I recommend getting an otterbox case for it if you decide to get one, I went with the "commuter" case for mine, I'm very satisfied.

Feel free to PM me with any additional questions.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I just got the Eris last week and I LOVE it. The only complaint I have heard is that it isn't the latest Android OS version, but word is that the update for the Eris is coming in a few weeks.

I take that back, another complain is battery life. I have found that by turning off the Network, and only turning it on when you need it, you can drastically extend the battery life.

It's very easy to use, TONS of free apps. Google Sky is amazing! You can connect to WiFi to speed up your surfing where available...can't say enough good things about it.

furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    wait till spring and get the nexus it has android 2.1 on it and it fixes alot of the bugs the droid and droid eris have been having

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I just got the Eris last week and I LOVE it. The only complaint I have heard is that it isn't the latest Android OS version, but word is that the update for the Eris is coming in a few weeks.

I take that back, another complain is battery life. I have found that by turning off the Network, and only turning it on when you need it, you can drastically extend the battery life.

It's very easy to use, TONS of free apps. Google Sky is amazing! You can connect to WiFi to speed up your surfing where available...can't say enough good things about it.

Search for "advanced task killer free" in the marketplace, install that application and you'll be able to see all of the apps that are running on in the background using up your memory and battery. Use it regularly, then you can leave your network on all the time and still get respectable battery life. What's the point of paying for a data plan on a smartphone and not having the network on? Make sure you have gps off as well unless you need it, another battery killer.

This forum is worth a look, I learned tons about my Droid on there:

Android Central | Android Central

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County

I've been hearing "two weeks" for a while now, interesting to see when it actually happens. Looking forward to the update, hope it doesn't mess anything up!

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Search for "advanced task killer free" in the marketplace, install that application and you'll be able to see all of the apps that are running on in the background using up your memory and battery. Use it regularly, then you can leave your network on all the time and still get respectable battery life. What's the point of paying for a data plan on a smartphone and not having the network on? Make sure you have gps off as well unless you need it, another battery killer.

This forum is worth a look, I learned tons about my Droid on there:

Android Central | Android Central

One of the first things I installed was task killer!

As for turning the Network on and off, its so easy to do with just a long press of the red button, and hit Mobile Network, that I don't mind leaving it off unless I need it. I dont IM or anything so...well, I dont IM on it YET, lol.

Gotta agree with the Android Central plug. I just sit on there and read and play with the settings on the Eris. Fun stuff.

Did I mention I love this phone? :D

jamstutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 9, 2008
    Berne
    Very happy with my Droid Eris. I've been using a PDA for the past 20 years to keep track of my life and now most of the same things--along with a lot of new things--can be done right on my phone. My only disappointment is that Pocket Quicken is not yet available for the Android phones.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    One of the first things I installed was task killer!

As for turning the Network on and off, its so easy to do with just a long press of the red button, and hit Mobile Network, that I don't mind leaving it off unless I need it. I dont IM or anything so...well, I dont IM on it YET, lol.

Gotta agree with the Android Central plug. I just sit on there and read and play with the settings on the Eris. Fun stuff.

Did I mention I love this phone? :D

Actually, forget that long press stuff. I just created Widgets for Bluetooth, WiFi, Mobile Network, and GPS. Viola! Easy on, easy off!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    HTC is a great phone, but I have to wonder about their internal antennas. They don't get great signal, but I've only owned the 6600, 6700, and now own a 6800 Mogul. They get ok signal, but it's all been sprint phones for me.

Other than signal, they are GREAT phones/PPC's.

Top Bottom