• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mattritchie238

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Hello all, my question is, which mounts my fellow INGOers have had good and bad experiences with on a Howa short action. Also, I've read mixed information on the interchangeability of mounts for Remington 700 short actions. Can anyone clear this up for me? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I know the older howa's base was interchangable with remington 700 base's. Let me do some digging and get back to you. If I have to I can make a call monday to be sure.

Alot of shops carry rifle and not optics. Its easy to find folks who know guns, but optics are a completly diffrent beast.

mattritchie238

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    I just felt it was a little unreasonable that the shop I purchased both the rifle and the optic from could not help me with the mount. They have plenty of options for other makes and models but absolutely nothing for the Howa. But thank you for the help already!

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    2 piece bases are same/same. I'd do Talley Lightweights unless I was mounting a moon scope.

If you want to do a 1 piece base, your 1500 is an Short Action and will need 1500 specific base. An SA 700 base won't fit. Were it a Long Action, it would be same/same.

Top Bottom