• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    Howdy guys and gals,
    I had a nice time at the show today. I went down with some pistols to sell, I was unsuccessful. My buddy who came with me was looking for a Sig P226, P229, or a 1911. He did not find anything, nethier did I. But it was nice talking to the vendors and ingoers. It was also a pleasure to meet some new faces. I can not wait for the next one

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    It's been a long time since I've been to one. I usually don't even try with the ones in winter. A two hour drive one way in crappy weather is no fun. I'll probably skip the one in March as well. I'm planning on the next one though. Not much I'm after that's new. Maybe the new Ruger 9 carbine if Buckshot doesn't get one in. Mostly will be looking for used items, 3rd gen Smiths, some pre-lock no MIM revolvers, reloading components, etc.

Grump01

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Madison County
    Wanted to go, but with the crappy weather and being 25th Wedding Anniversary probably wouldn't have been a good choice. Will be going to the next one in March. Wanting to get a couple of belts and want to go to one of the larger shows in the S Pavilion. Don't want to have to wait until November.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Showed up to the booth and asked for my buddy ChurchMouse. He wasnt there and I didnt want to blow my cover so I tossed out the first random INGO name I could think of. For some reason they freaked out. Not sure why. :dunno:

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    370   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I had a great time. Found spare factory magazines for my Sig 230, 225A1 & S&W 39 for good prices. Also a couple used unusual Victorinox knives. Brought an extra AR and sold it when I walked in the door. Finally, completed a couple deals with ingo folk. Overall a fun time.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Picked up some bullets for reloading and a couple AR parts. Overall a good show. Some of the usual vendors were not there. Lots of dealer talk about getting out of the business, because the market is bottoming out. Had a good visit with the INGO booth and talking with jagee. Just missed meeting Churchmouse. Ran into a half a dozen people from work.

Some good deals on AR parts, but you had to be careful. A lot of parts were Chinese knock-offs.

The one thing that really stood out was the smell. I've never noticed it before, but at this show, the rancid smell of sour B.O. lofted about certain parts of the facility.

Craig T

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2012
    Avon
    Found bricks of .22 for 25$ And 8lb of win 231 for 158.00... and another booth same stuff for 238.00:dunno:

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Found bricks of .22 for 25$ And 8lb of win 231 for 158.00... and another booth same stuff for 238.00:dunno:

I saw some of that stuff too. Sub2000's for $550. HiPoint carbines for $389. One booth had .38 cal lead bullets for over $30 a box of 500. Found some at another booth for $20 a box. Bought two boxes. Should have bought more.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    First 1500 we've attended in a while. It was great to see some familiar vendors and the best knife guy going in Brad. My boy made his first actual knife purchase buying a new Buck knife off of Brad at Revolver Tactical. Overall not to bad of a show. We seen some insane prices but at the same time some dealers making fair deals and moving some guns and accessories. The best part of the 1500 for me is always listening to some of the sale lines that vendors give to sale something whether ballistic nylon holsters or a particular pistol.

My favorite line yesterday was a nylon holster dealer saying "it only feels flimsy until you carry it for a while as it conforms to your gun and fits better then that junk kydex"

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Showed up to the booth and asked for my buddy ChurchMouse. He wasnt there and I didnt want to blow my cover so I tossed out the first random INGO name I could think of. For some reason they freaked out. Not sure why. :dunno:

Odd... I was there yesterday, but must have been away from the booth when you stopped by?

Managed to get 1k Fiocchi 9mm at 17.5c per round, and a bucket of bullets (22lr) for less of a deal, but fair ($70). of course I got the usual Zicks ghost chili pepper beef jerky, and some other trinkets.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Great show. Tons of deals. Exercised discipline, stuck to the list--ammunition, reloading stuff, magazines, stocks for a revolver and my one target of opportunity as it was dirt cheap, an Italian clone of a Remington 1858.

Last edited:

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Odd... I was there yesterday, but must have been away from the booth when you stopped by?

Managed to get 1k Fiocchi 9mm at 17.5c per round, and a bucket of bullets (22lr) for less of a deal, but fair ($70). of course I got the usual Zicks ghost chili pepper beef jerky, and some other trinkets.

Cheapest I ever saw a bucket o bullets was 63 at Rural King before Newtown. I have never seen them for less than 80 since.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Cheapest I ever saw a bucket o bullets was 63 at Rural King before Newtown. I have never seen them for less than 80 since.

Hmm, maybe better of a deal than I thought then. I've only ever bought one bucket from another INGOer a few years back.
    He was back in the NW corner (main room). May have been part of the 9mm Fiocchi guy, or just another vendor on the opposite side of him.

I also bought a knife from brad. Shh... wife isn't supposed to know about that one.
    LOL saw a FB photo of a sign at a vendor's table that stated: "For an extra $4.95 I will print a receipt for you that shows what you tell your wife you paid for it"

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Mini spoof. Referring to the thread da mouse posted about the banned user that came looking for him after he left. I wasnt really there.

indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    I went mid-day Saturday to meet an INGO'er and sell a scope. This was the busiest show I've seen in a long time, but I didn't get the idea that anyone was actually buying anything.

Brad's table was so swamped I couldn't even get close to say hi.

I miss having A&A Optics and Heartland Trading Post at the show and right next to each other. Those were the good days.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    26756715_10213147744861268_1458607034740484582_o.jpg

Top Bottom