How to seal the cracks under my garage door?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I have mice coming into my garage. And the concrete floor is cracked a bit under one of my garage doors. Large enough cracks for mice to get in.

I already have a new rubber piece mounted to the bottom of the door itself, but it's not enough to cover the cracks in the floor.

I found this:
    10 ft. Gray Garage Door Threshold Kit-51010 at The Home Depot

Is that the best method? Or does anyone have any other ideas?

BrownDog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Before you glue down the threshold seal i suggest filling the cracks first with Concrete sealer that is SELF LEVELING. Like this example or something similar, remeber it has to be/say SELF LEVELING.
    pl_seal_sl.png
    Available Sizes: 10 fl. oz., 28 fl. oz.

Color When Dry: Limestone Gray

Where to Buy

Share Print

Loctite® PL® S20 Polyurethane Self-Leveling Concrete Crack Sealant

Loctite® PL® S20 Polyurethane Self-Leveling Concrete Crack Sealant is a professional grade sealant for concrete. It is a one component, polyurethane, self-leveling sealant for contraction / expansion joints and cracks in concrete floors and decks. It cures in place to form a highly resilient and abrasion resistant seal, which resists deterioration caused by weather, stress, movement, traffic and water. Its abrasion and tear resistance makes it ideally suited for applications exposed to pedestrian and vehicular traffic.
    Other Recommended Product Solutions

Recommended For

• Repairing Driveways
    • Repairing Garage Floors
    • Repairing Concrete Floors and Decks
    • Repairing Sidewalks
    Not Recommended For

• Underwater applications or permanent water immersion
    • Use with fillers impregnated with oil, asphalt, tar or any other migratory saturant
    • Aircraft runway or tarmac use
    • Vertical surface repair (use on horizontal surfaces only)
    • Exterior applications when rain is expected before sealant reaches initial cure
    • Contact with oil-based caulking compounds, butyl caulking compounds and silicone sealants(Uncured and cured)
    • Joint depths greater than 3/8' (9.5 mm) without the use of a backer rod. In joints deeper than 3/8' (9.5 mm) the sealant may bubble if applied too deep or if substrate is not absolutely dry
    • Use in areas of high chlorine concentration such as around swimming pools
    • Applications requiring temperature resistance greater than 180°F (82°C)

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    I used a similar product in bulk form for a large crack in my porch and it worked very well, after I repaired the crack I painted over it just to make me feel good, but you probably need to find a couple days of "warm" winter weather

Top Bottom