• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • christman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Terra Haute
    Depends on how you really want the final outcome to look like. Just want to touch it up to keep it from showing the true metal? Than no time at all. Want it to look nice and flow with the rest? Look at stripping an entire piece.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Just a scratch cold blue will make it less obvious but will not provide any corrosion resistance.... if you want it proffesionally reblued, send me a pm and ill get her done for ya.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    For best result do what HE Said ^^^. But for just a touch up there are several ways to do it. Really depends on what you want, type of gun and finish on it.

Walt_Jabsco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I guess I stand corrected, although I clarify my answer in saying there's no way to geuinely blue your gun at home. I mean, without a hell of a lot of equipment.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I guess I stand corrected, although I clarify my answer in saying there's no way to geuinely blue your gun at home. I mean, without a hell of a lot of equipment.

I'll have to show you a couple of my "home Blue" jobs. I agree with you and Nick that to have a professional quality blue job that you need to let a pro do it, but you can do some decent work at home too. :yesway:

sawgunner74

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    nwi
    the best home blue ive used bar none is oxyblue (brownells)it does work good, even on larger parts just dont get metal in the bottle it will contaminate the whole bottle.follow the instructions and i do clean the part before you apply(it says you dont have to)good luck .

Top Bottom