• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rylay

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    I recently inherited 2 old pistols. A WW1 and WW2 gun.

Does anyone know a good way to get an estimate on their worth? Would taking them to some kind of expert be best or is there an online resource?

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    Google

Start by doing some googling. Don't stop at the first article though, read several, look for a consensus of opinion. You might also try something like gun trader's guide or shooter's bible.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    Check out THE BLUEBOOK of GUN VALUES. The book costs about $30.00...you can buy them on e-bay....but make sure you get a current one. They sell older ones too.

gunrunner0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Goshen
    Check out THE BLUEBOOK of GUN VALUES. The book costs about $30.00...you can buy them on e-bay....but make sure you get a current one. They sell older ones too.

Your local library may also have a copy, I use the Bluebook whenever I want to know the value of a gun, fairly accurate in providing assessments.

Steady Glock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    One way I've been getting "market" prices for guns is, like an above post recommended, to use Google. There is a "Shopping" link at the top of the page. Click on that, and then type in the type of gun you're pricing. If there are any out there for sale, they'll pop up in your search. Otherwise, maybe there's a vintage site / forum out there. There's also a "gun broker" site out there that is kinda like the "gun eBay". Guns - Online Gun Auction - Guns at GunBroker.com Be careful with that one....I've heard of scams. Anyway, I hope this helps.

Top Bottom