• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JOLLYKART

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Mooresville
    I decided to forgo the usual trip outside to get a tune up on my shot. I went to an indoor shooting range to avoid the cold (must be getting soft). I was surprised to see how many people where waiting for a lane. At one point the wait was over an hour. Is this the norm now or did every one just have the same idea as me?

My question is how often do you shoot and where?

I went to Parabellum and when I got done shooting decided to purchased a membership so I guess I will visit quite a lot.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Not as much as I would like too but indoors 1-2 times a month Applied Ballistics - outdoors, weather permiting, 2-3 times a month my backyard or a buddys property

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Depends on work demands and on weather conditions on the days I have the flexibility to do "my stuff". I "normally" get to the outdoor range 3 to 5 times per year, and maybe 2 or 3 times to the indoor range which is much closer to my house. 2014 was without doubt my most demanding year ever for work, and that left little time for shooting. I only made it to the outdoor range 4 times all year, twice to JP and twice to Winamac, and only once to the indoor range. I hope to do a lot more shooting this year - have already bought a bunch of ammo as self-encouragement to get some range time in.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I shoot 2-3 times a week, but I've never enjoyed indoor shooting. We don't even have an indoor range in this area. Maybe I could start one! :rockwoot:

ratames

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    Not near enough! Took a new job last year and its demands on my time were not quite what I expected. It's fun though and I'm learning a lot so I guess it balances out.

Hawkwind2112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2014
    Evansville
    I usually shoot at least twice a week from Spring to Fall. I shoot 22 bowling pin competition once a week, Steel Challenge once a month, and an occasional IDPA match with some practicing and gear testing thrown in.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I have never shot in an indoor range I don't think... I have a sweet deal at home for about any kind of shooting I want to do.
    I shoot multiple times a month, at least two. Sometimes I shoot multiple times a week (5+ a month). Heck, A few months a year I may get into the double digits, :D that's always nice!

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    I used to shoot at least once a month, but lack of funds and/or changed direction of expendable "fun money" has resulted in my not being able to practice as much as I would like to.

Top Bottom