• ...and so much more!
  • On average how often do you shoot?

• Total voters

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    How often do you shoot? On another thread guys were talking about how how many people on INGO shoot regularly. But regularly will be defined differently by different people. So instead answer with how often you shoot and then one can decide how often regular is for themselves.

Thought it would be nice to see. I am blessed with a range in my backyard, others have to go to a range etc. So for obvious reasons of location, ammo/money, time, weather etc plays into this... What limits or helps you? Some people may shoot twice a month but in that time shoot twice the rounds of a guy who shoots each week. I get that, so give us an average, it's just for fun...

Hope people like this! :ingo:

Last edited:

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    If a person shoots in a league, that is every week. Add in a couple practice sessions a month and a couple of matches on the weekend, that is twice a week. Shoot a rifle league and a trap league, double the figures. Add some pistol matches and you keep pretty busy. Start competing on a Regional or National level, you will need to hire a divorce attorney.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    1/ month usually. On rare occasions 2/month. I'm not counting the times I've brought a friend to the range to familiarize them with how to shoot safely.

lowriderjim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Huntington
    I shoot to verify my defense weapons and ammo. I need to shoot more than several time per year but I don't seem to get at it. Maybe if I had a home range.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    Went for a couple years without missing weekly league but schedule last year or so has curtailed that somewhat. Group of "old farts" shoot on Tuesdays at our club and I do that as schedule allows. Shoot a number of USPSA & Steel Challenge matches in the warm months. Shoot informal ( practice, etc) from a couple to several times a month. So average probably couple times a week + or -. Hoping to increase that in next year.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    During the good months of the year (April-October) I shoot at least 3-4 times a month that being 100rds or so each session. Not so much during the winter. Have no indoor range close to me and I'm a sissy and don't like cold weather

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Start competing on a Regional or National level, you will need to hire a divorce attorney.

yup, esp if you have little one... that's why I shoot a lot less than I used to. Soon the kids will be old enough to take with me and then I'll be a hero to the wife for getting myself and the kids out of the house and out of her hair for a while... at least, that's my plan! haha :)

now, instead of heading to the range, I'm off to coach a kindergarten basketball team.....

-rvb

Last edited:

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    In general I try to get to a range at least once a month. Sometimes it's more, sometimes less, but it averages out to be about monthly.

Once I start reloading I hope to increase the frequency. I'm trying to figure out a way to get started with very limited space.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    I reload so it's more than it used to be. Unfortunately my shooting is primarily determined by the weaweather as I don't have an indoor range close by. During those good months I try to get out every other week.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I voted once a week, but that's not enough! I take a class 2-3 times a year, and have access to a private range at least once a week! Ammo availability, and funds for said ammo, keep me from shooting as much as I want!

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    When I was single and competitive, I had a pellet trap screwed to the living room wall and an angled eyepiece spotting scope screwed to the wall in the hallway with a shelf wide enough for pellet tins under the scope. I shot 10 meter air rifle during rifle season and 10 meter air pistol in the winter, pretty much every day. Strangely, my offhand aim and trigger control skills improved greatly at that time.

Last edited:

trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    Dang I shoiuld shoot more. I've got steel pistol targets, a 100 yd range, and a 700 yd range at my house and only shoot 3 times a year. Just checking rifle zero and blowing off pistol ammo if a buddy wants to shoot. Used to shoot 1-2 times a week til ammo craze '14. I reload but pretty much just rifle/hunting ammo. Every once in a while i make sure I can hit what I'm aiming at...I should shoot more

Last edited:

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I've got a nice backyard range (varies from 100 to 1500 yards depending on if the crops are harvested or not), and I only shoot maybe 4-5 times per year. I'm more of a collector than a shooter, and I really want to build a stash of at least 1k rounds per caliber before I start shooting much. Don't want to get caught in the next ammo panic.

Top Bottom