0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The inflation tax has been a favorite of the government for years. Where I worked in the late 70s prices went up every few months and recievables were discounted for quick payment simply because the money was shrinking in value at the rate of 1% per month.

People made more money but you could never catch up and saving money was like burning it. Your standard of living just eroded around you. The only way to get ahead was to follow the government's lead, borrow more and spend more, but this leads to it's own problem as well when you can't borrow anymore.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I have seen this before right after the election, I am a firm believer that we need to take a test to be able to vote, we have to test to get a drivers license to see if we are competent to drive, yet you can vote on the most powerful position in the world and not know anything about who is running for it.

bigiron

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    NWI hiding in the bushes
    hahahahahaaha, priceless! goes to show the lack of sense of our fellow "Americans". i think i want to try this sometime, put together a poll or take up a petition. i don't think i could keep a straight face though.

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    hahahahahaaha, priceless! goes to show the lack of sense of our fellow "Americans". i think i want to try this sometime, put together a poll or take up a petition. i don't think i could keep a straight face though.

Eh, Jay Leno never kept a straight face, and even mocked people openly while he tried to coach a half-way literate answer from them about things a 5th grader used to answer competently. They just smiled at him and joined in. There are a bunch of people who are actually proud of their ignorance.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    ignorance is bliss

So long as Dancing with th Stars/American Ideal is on TV, KFC has chicken, Wal-Mart sells cheap goods, and gas is under $3 the sheep don't care and won't care.

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    Sadly, there are these same knuckleheads on the other side of the fence. Too many ill uninformed voters casting their votes.
    YouTube - SARAH PALIN BOOK SIGNING - Interviews with Supporters

The only problem with your video was the subject matter. Palin isn't running for any office (yet), and as far as I've seen, has no formal "foreign policy". She's selling books, and speaking about mostly domestic problems. She has expressed support for the military, and the Iraq/AfPak goals of the Bush Admin, but since she's not running for President, then why does she have to have a formal "formal foreign policy"?

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    The only problem with your video was the subject matter. Palin isn't running for any office (yet), and as far as I've seen, has no formal "foreign policy". She's selling books, and speaking about mostly domestic problems. She has expressed support for the military, and the Iraq/AfPak goals of the Bush Admin, but since she's not running for President, then why does she have to have a formal "formal foreign policy"?
    I think the point was that IF she were to run, they would vote for her regardless. It seems all to common for people to vote for personality and not CARE for substance. I'm not agreeing/disagreeing with her political position (that was not the point of my posting). To these people, it does not matter, they would vote for her based on something OTHER than issues. Same with Obama. They voted for him based on personality (well and disdain for Bush and the Republican party in general).

Last edited:

yotewacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    It's very sad that these people can vote. Maybe a 2 hour seminar on the what each politicians represents and his views

Ramen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    I like how the older gentleman is the only one who knows the ills of inflation.

Oh, how I wish for a money system where prices were constant and I could save money knowing it was would not be worthless a few years later.

Top Bottom