• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    So to you reloaders, not wanting to make anyone come up with exact contractual amounts. A decent swag will do. But if you went to reload 50 cal ammo, and was gifted all the tools and brass.. What would be your cost be for you to reload this. ???

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I've never put an exact number on it. But I bet it costs less than $1 a shot for my 50 cal muzzle loader.

papa6x

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    SW Indiana
    750 gr. Hornady bullets at Midway are $2.45 each, and Hodgdon Data says around 233 grains of H50BMG powder. It's around $26 a pound. I think there's 7000 grains to the pound, you can go from there. If that's the 50 cal you're talking about. I forgot primers.

Last edited:

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    I can load it pretty reasonable, I bought components years ago when things for BMG were still reasonable.
    Cans of #1 pulled bullets were 15 to 30 cents apiece.. Buying bulk bullets and powder from places like Pat's Reloading or Jeff Bartlett can save you money.
    I bought many 8 lb jugs of 5010 pulldown and new 860 powder for under 5 to 8 bucks a pound.
    Primers can he bought in bulk for 35 cents or less if you look around.
    Talon Industry and Ammo .Com out of Ohio useed to have some pretty good deals on BMG components.
    Ball is pretty cheap right now, but it with loading you have many other options to load than ball. Spotter tracers are alot of fun. With some bullet choices be careful you don't catch the range on fire..

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    If your loading for 50BMG .....components can be had at vendor row at Camp Perry Ohio when the national matches are going on.....I did see some brass and pulled projectiles last year, but I did not pay attention to price

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    1st my humble apologies for not being more clear, I meant 50 BMG, in my defense I was in the middle of a turkey coma and was not thinking clear..

Thanks for the input, By the way I love that little Handloading cost calculator, that is sweet.

So pretty much if you can get pulled bullets in the dollar range you still are going to be paying about 2 dollars a reload.. Something to be said buying it at less then 3 dollars a round linked..

Again many thanks, sorry about the confusion.

Top Bottom