• ...and so much more!
  • henry0reilly

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 12, 2009
    Montgomery County
    If you want your kids and grandkids to enjoy shooting the 22's you love so much, how much is enough ammo to give them along with it? Ammo may become very expensive, taxed out of reach, banned, or any combination thereof.

Are you investing in ammo for the next generation?

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    203   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Yes, you can never have too much ammo. There is no such thing as too much ammo, it's like having too much food. Buy all that you can afford, remember it has a long shelf life.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    An old friend of mine says he used to buy .50 bmg rounds for .11 each. $10,000 worth at that price would be well over 100 G'S today!!

I think a pickup load of .22's would not be to many.

I'd like to know how long ago your friend was buying them for that cheap. I'm betting that in relation to how much everything else cost at that time it wasn't as great of a deal as it seems today. A gallon of gas used to be $0.50 in the not-so-distant past.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Hmmm... I stocked up on Federal bulk pack back when it was around $10/box. I'm actually not even sure how much I have but its somewhere between 125-150k rounds. ;)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    An old friend of mine says he used to buy .50 bmg rounds for .11 each. $10,000 worth at that price would be well over 100 G'S today!!

I think a pickup load of .22's would not be to many.

I'm trying really hard not to covet...

That's amazing.

And actually, that $10,000 worth then would be closer to like, $250,000 worth now, if my math is right....

LCPer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When I was a kid back in the early 60's we used to buy .22 ammo at the local grocery store for $0.35 a box of 50. Those were the good old days. Bought many a brick in the late 70's for $5.00. Been buying Federal 550 bulk packs at WalMart lately for $16.97. Cost of living has really gone up.:noway:

Rey B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Too much ammo? No sabe. Even if you have enough ammo, as soon as you go shooting you no longer have enough.

bmwdud

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2010
    fort wayne
    i been stocking up for years all kinds
    the prices keeps going up. it is starting to cut into my drinking funds :ugh:
    it is like a drug
    even thought about counting them one time but then i snapped out of it

buy some ammo for a gun you don't have and that is a good reason to buy
    that gun right?

superstorm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 19, 2009
    SW Fort Wayne
    You can never have enough guns or ammo it's better then money in the bank. At least you can control your guns and not have the stock market put a value on what your stuff is worth. Plus you can use it when ever you want.

Top Bottom