How much more will you pay to support a LGS that allows carry?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How much more will you pay for a shop that allows carry?

• Total voters

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    The last store that had such a sign that was in my town was Fetlas. When I did go in there I ignored the sign. Having a no guns rule in a gun shop is the epitome of ridiculousness. What kind of message does that send to the community? We are in a constant struggle for our rights, so when your local shop puts up a sign saying "NO GUNS" we all look foolish.

Support the shop that supports your rights.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    The last store that had such a sign that was in my town was Fetlas. When I did go in there I ignored the sign. Having a no guns rule in a gun shop is the epitome of ridiculousness. What kind of message does that send to the community? We are in a constant struggle for our rights, so when your local shop puts up a sign saying "NO GUNS" we all look foolish.

Support the shop that supports your rights.

That's been my point from the beginning. Its hypocrisy. If you don't trust me with a gun in your store, you shouldn't trust me with a gun outside of your store and simply shouldn't do business with me. If I was an anti-, a photo of a gun shop with a "no loaded guns" sign would be my poster child. "See, even the death merchants don't trust people with guns to be around them!!!"

There's plenty of gun stores that do let me carry, so even if you under cut their prices, I will not patronize you. It strikes me as odd that people pass out "no gun = no $" cards to restaurants but give gun sellers, the people give gun stores a pass.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Almost every gun store, including the INGO renowned Bradis, that I have ever set foot in has a sign that says " NO LOADED FIREARMS". However I rarely if ever see it enforced by the staff of said gun stores. Normally its the customers that voluntarily self-enforce the sign. I largely ignore them.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Almost every gun store, including the INGO renowned Bradis, that I have ever set foot in has a sign that says " NO LOADED FIREARMS". However I rarely if ever see it enforced by the staff of said gun stores. Normally its the customers that voluntarily self-enforce the sign. I largely ignore them.

Almost every? I think its more the exception than the normal. That said, let's make a list and see. Feel free to contribute for LGS around the state. Do we want to include chain stores, or just LGS?

Stores that don't have such a sign:

Indy Trading Post
    Beech Grove Firearms
    Elmore's
    US Defense Solutions
    Outdoorsman
    Profire
    Gander Mountain
    Orion Arms
    256 Sport & Garden

Stores that do:

Bradis
    Plainfield Shooting Supplies

Stores I'm aware of, but am not sure of 'sign status' on:

LE firearms
    Indy Gun Safety
    Cabin Fever

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    I will never again enter a store that has such a sign...A couple of months ago my brother was scolded by an employee for mentioning that he would not draw to try the fit of a holster.The pistol was ankle carried,and without even thinking,he mentioned that he did not want to go out to the truck and unload the weapon in order to try the holster.He was told "don't even THINK of coming in here carrying a loaded firearm"...None of my family has considered going back since that incident!

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I will never again enter a store that has such a sign...A couple of months ago my brother was scolded by an employee for mentioning that he would not draw to try the fit of a holster.The pistol was ankle carried,and without even thinking,he mentioned that he did not want to go out to the truck and unload the weapon in order to try the holster.He was told "don't even THINK of coming in here carrying a loaded firearm"...None of my family has considered going back since that incident!

So he said "I'm going to be safe with this gun" and got scolded? That's crazy, and I hope you name names, which store?

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008

Honestly, I was appalled when I attended an INGO function at Brandis and was told to leave the store with my holstered handgun.

Fortunately they're not my local LGS so I don't feel the need to make a big stink about it. :D

If safety is the concern, a sign that says "Show and Tell is over, if you have a gun on leave it in the holster." But a "No Guns" sign/rule is absolutely ridiculous for a gun shop.

Last edited:

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Almost every? I think its more the exception than the normal. That said, let's make a list and see. Feel free to contribute for LGS around the state. Do we want to include chain stores, or just LGS?

Stores that don't have such a sign:

Indy Trading Post
    Beech Grove Firearms
    Elmore's
    US Defense Solutions
    Outdoorsman
    Profire
    Gander Mountain
    Orion Arms
    256 Sport & Garden

Stores that do:

Bradis
    Plainfield Shooting Supplies

Stores I'm aware of, but am not sure of 'sign status' on:

LE firearms
    Indy Gun Safety
    Cabin Fever

Of the ones I am frequently in all of them do.

Guns and Ordnance on Hall School Rd in Martinsville has a sign but it is not enforced.

Shootin Irons in Martinsville did the last time I was there, also not enforced.

Gen-X Tactical (Fromerly Scroggens) in Martinsville does as well. Also not enforced.

I think the first and last I was in Don's they had a sign. I didn't stay long and was laughing to hard at thier prices to really pay attention.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Honestly, I was appalled when I attended an INGO function at Brandis and was told to leave the store with my holstered handgun.

Fortunately they're not my local LGS so I don't feel the need to make a big stink about it. :D

If safety is the concern, a sign that says "Show and Tell is over, if you have a gun on leave it in the holster." But a "No Guns" sign/rule is absolutely ridiculous for a gun shop.

Really? They asked you to leave? WOW!

Every time I'm in Bradis I have at least one loaded pistol on me and they have never kicked me out for carrying.

I'm sorry to hear that they did that, I'm disappointed.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Really? They asked you to leave? WOW!

Every time I'm in Bradis I have at least one loaded pistol on me and they have never kicked me out for carrying.

I'm sorry to hear that they did that, I'm disappointed.

I was in the "back" area where the ammo, cases, reloading stuff is located, not in the gun store itself. When I went up front to the gun store and told the guys what happened, they were more laid back about it and asked who it was that told me to leave with my handgun. I don't recall the gentlemans name that told me to leave, but I did go over to Fenway and say "can you believe this?"... and told him the story right after it happened.

I was disappointed too. I expect that from Costco, but not a gun shop. :D

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    His and Her's Target sports in Sheridan says ABSOLUTELY NO LOADED FIREARMS ON PREMISES. I have never asked Ron why he has the sign up, but it has never deterred me from making a purchase there.

I don't remember if the other Hamilton County shop "Bare Arms" has a sign or not.

Last edited:

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    I was in the "back" area where the ammo, cases, reloading stuff is located, not in the gun store itself. When I went up front to the gun store and told the guys what happened, they were more laid back about it and asked who it was that told me to leave with my handgun. I don't recall the gentlemans name that told me to leave, but I did go over to Fenway and say "can you believe this?"... and told him the story right after it happened.

I was disappointed too. I expect that from Costco, but not a gun shop. :D

There is a man in the Bradis secondary shop that enjoys telling people to leave with their loaded,holstered weapon.I have traded at Bradis since the early 90s,(maybe late 80s) when the old guy was there. NO MORE!

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    His and Her's Target sports in Sheridan says ABSOLUTELY NO LOADED FIREARMS ON PREMISES. I have never asked Ron why he has the sign up, but it has never deterred me from making a purchase there.

I don't remember if the other Hamilton County shop "Bare Arms" has a sign or not.

Bare Arms has a "No Loaded Firearms" sign. That and their ridiculously high prices make it easy not to go back.

I have no problem with a "No Show and Tell, leave your firearm in its holster".

Top Bottom