• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Like the title says. Do you have a Med Kit as part of your range/shooting/training gear? If you do, do you have any training as to the proper use of it's contents? If you don't have one, why don't you? If you do have one, what's in there? Pics are acceptable:D

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Always

Part of my range kit and in every car I drive. Also in my BOB and one on each floor of the house. Lucky to never need more than some aspirin, small bandages and anti-bacterial swipes so far.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Like the title says. Do you have a Med Kit as part of your range/shooting/training gear? If you do, do you have any training as to the proper use of it's contents? If you don't have one, why don't you? If you do have one, what's in there? Pics are acceptable:D

I have another question to add to this. What kind of med kits do you recommend, and where can you find them? How much would I be spending for this?

I've been wanting to purchase one. But don't want to buy a cheapo from wal-mart.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I have another question to add to this. What kind of med kits do you recommend, and where can you find them? How much would I be spending for this?

I've been wanting to purchase one. But don't want to buy a cheapo from wal-mart.

I have a hundred bux and then some wrapped-up in my kit, but it's more than what you'd find on the shelf somewhere. You can get a basic MedKit online for decent prices, like from NAR and such...

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer

The cheapos from Walmart are a complete rip-off. If you look at what you get in them, you can buy all the components plus more and put it in your own container for much less.

Just like I did. It's always in my SUV, so I always have it for every range trip (since my hubby's little sports car isn't quite up to the challenge of holding all of our gear). I go through it once a year or so to switch out expired stuff, and it's come in handy a time or two for the bandaids and benadryl. I'm actually going to go put some more gauze in it right now since I have quite a bit left over after my sinus surgery a month ago.

Terribill12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2008
    We keep kits in both of our vehicles. It sits under the seat right next to my lock box. I recently joined the Danville Conservation Club (great small range by the way). They have a kit mounted on the wall of the shelter. Hopefully I will never need it, but it is nice to know it is there.
    During the initial meeting when I joined, they went over basic first aid as well as gun safety. It is a requirement before you step foot on the range. Its a great club.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Here are a couple pics of my daily kit/range kit. This kit goes with me everywhere I go daily, it also goes to the range. i have everything packed in it that I would need to treat some serious injuries and then some. I even have a small surgical kit and suture kit in this small bag too. Weight was not a concern for this kit. If I need to run fluids or administer O2 i will refer to my main Med kit.
    And YES, i have been properly trained to use everything i carry, EDIT: and all dues to the king have been paid for him to grant me authority to use it :rolleyes:

I sell Condor, so of coarse I use what I sell. This bag is a Condor Rip-Away EMT Pouch. It can be attached to a molle vest, and by unhooking the buckle, the main bag can be torn off the velcro backing to be easily used, or handed out, while the molle backing and female velcro stayes attatched to your vest or bag. I like it.

ATTENTION PETA: the cat does not fit into the med kit, It actualy my dinner tonight. ONE FINGER SALUTE TO PETA!!

various4001.jpg

various4002.jpg

Below is a more compact kit i can put on my belt if I'm doing a class. Its a super duty personalized Army IFAK.

quikclot.jpg

Last edited:

bobcoop06

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Marshall County
    And YES, i have been properly trained to use everything i carry.

But do you have the proper licensing to carry it? To carry O2 on board, you must have a prescription/license for it, and it has to be properly placarded. The same goes for IV supplies and fluids, you must have a written consent from a sponsoring medical director, as per the State EMS Commission. You could find yourself in a world of hurt real quickly if you used the stuff without the proper permission. Just sayin!

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Always in the bag.

Just have an O.S.H.A. light industrial kit but it is always in the range bag. Compression bandages,band aids,anti-bacterial,gauze tape,scissors etc.etc. I have also been certified and retrained numerous times in triage and field first aid including in flight medical emergency certification. :)

PS: Hey Nick if you find me on the ground in front of the Clubhouse, my nitro is in my left front pants pocket! :D

Last edited:

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    I do carry a Med Kit in my Range bag (as well as in my cars, at home, etc). And yes, I know how to use everything inside of it, if needed.
    Just like my gun, "I'd rather have it and not need it, then need it and not have it." I feel the same about my Med kit. Accidents happen and I'd like to be as prepared as possible to deal with said accident.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    I carry several israeli bandages in my range bag all the time. I also have a larger first aid kit that I am slowly building up. Right now I have 4 or 5 israeli bandages, 20-30-2x2 gauze pads, a box of latex gloves, pocket airway mask, EMT shears, antibiotic cream, Alcohol pads, roll gauze, Tape, as well as bandaids. I still have a few other things to add to it. It's a work in progress...Need to add some more things,but not quite sure what all I am going to need. I also have a small premade kit that I bought at a garage sale for like $5 that was pertty much untouched that I am thinking about augmenting

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    My Doc Gunn-recommended minimalist kit is always on my person or nearby:
    • Israeli Battle Dressing (6-in.)
    • Nasopharyngeal airway
    • Needle catheter
    • [STRIKE]Two[/STRIKE] Three (thanks to revance for the correction) long strips of tape wrapped around the above
    I also have a pair of nitrile gloves in one of my pocket organizers and a small kit with comfort items like band-aids, antiseptic towelettes, etc.

I also have several bandanas on my person all the time. When I sustained my head laceration, my IBD kit was in my truck, so I used a bandana to apply pressure, followed by another on top of it once the first had soaked through. I don't carry gauze, but if I absolutely had to pack a wound with a large void space, a bandana or a piece of it would do. Concerns over infection would be less urgent than stopping the bleeding.

I'm considering adding a dedicated tourniquet, because they don't take much room and they're really easy to use quickly if you need to stop some serious bleeding and don't have time to apply an IBD. Until I do that, I rely on the IBD because it can be used as a tourniquet in the event direct pressure doesn't do the job.

And yes, I know how and when to use everything I carry (plus some stuff I don't carry).

Last edited:

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I have tons of gear in my truck, know how to use all of it but if I had to limit myself to one or two things it would be duct tape and bandanas and clean water.

But I would never be limited to a few things since my truck is a rolling base camp and my day pack / 1st line gear is in there as well.

The door pocket on the drivers side rear door is my "wash" station, open door and there is a bottle of waterless cleaner like GoJo, next to it is a pump bottle of hand sanitizer, some blue shop towels, nitrile gloves, plastic grocery bags, cloth rags. I use that set up year round.

I also keep hand wipes in the truck and in my range bag. Removal of lead residue is first aid priority #1 FOR ME at the range.

Why? A good friend had elevated levels of lead in his blood 20 years ago. Why? He is a shooter. In hot weather lead goes easily from hands to blood stream via your face, eyes and mouth. Your hot, you sweat, you wipe your face and eyes.

Top Bottom