• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I've typically gotten 6-8 months per flag, although some have gone a full year. Usually by that point they are starting to fade and tatter pretty bad. The winter is tough on them due to the freezing and thawing, and the summer sun can bleach out the color over time.

It's something to think about if you want a flag if you need to buy one twice a year every year.
    Depending on the size and quality of the flag it can be quite expensive over the year to fly a private flag.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    It's something to think about if you want a flag if you need to buy one twice a year every year.
    Depending on the size and quality of the flag it can be quite expensive over the year to fly a private flag.

I don't have to think about it at all! The small amount I pay for a flag and pole is minuscule compared to what many have paid over the years to keep it possible!
    I will always fly my flag proudly in support of MY country and out of respect for those who serve this great land!

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I don't have to think about it at all! The small amount I pay for a flag and pole is minuscule compared to what many have paid over the years to keep it possible!
    I will always fly my flag proudly in support of MY country and out of respect for those who serve this great land!

:rolleyes:
    I knew someone would say that.
    When you are already on a tight budget and want to fly a flag you have to think about that, that doesnt mean you dont care about what past generations did to make it possible the fact of living in a free country and that doesnt mean you dont like your country.
    Even a patriot will feed his family first before spending the money to buy a couple of flags each year.

Good thing cyber flags are free here. :):

:patriot:

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    :rolleyes:
    I knew someone would say that.
    When you are already on a tight budget and want to fly a flag you have to think about that, that doesnt mean you dont care about what past generations did to make it possible the fact of living in a free country and that doesnt mean you dont like your country.
    Even a patriot will feed his family first before spending the money to buy a couple of flags each year.

Good thing cyber flags are free here. :):

:patriot:

Look up a few post where I said you could get very good quality flags from your represtatives for less than $20. $17.50 to be exact. These flags will last the minimum of 6 months flown outside 24/7. If you want them to last longer take them down during inclimate weather. High winds are expecially hard on the flags. I've been using these flags for years. If you need help figuring out how to get one let me know and I would be glad to help.

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    CVS Flags, in Marion Indiana. I know of at least two of their employees that are INGO members.

3x5 Nylon from $14.50

Outdoor Nylon U.S. American Flags at CVS Wholesale Flags

Just a thought.... a group buy might benefit many of us... if there's enough interest, I'll contact 'em since I'm very close. I have no connection to CVS flags, other than that's where I buy my flags.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    I'm going to go ahead and post this for everyone. Follow this link
    External link from the www.IN.gov Web Site
    and put in your address, it will bring up your elected officials. Under your US Representatives and US Sentator's name will be a link to their website. Go to one of the websites and look for Constituents Services or something about Services at the top of the page usually. Under that heading should be a link for flag requests. Not all web pages are set up the same, so you might have to look around a bit, but they all offer this service.

I also realized that in my other post I quoted the price of $17.50 for a flag. That was for a 4x6 nylon. A 3x5 nylon is $13.00. That's less than half price from most places.

I understand being a penny pincher, I can make a penny scream for mercy with the best of them. I also will give up some type of pleasure to be able to afford a flag to be flown. I'm not that big a fan of potatoe chips and pop anyway. I'm not questioning anyones patrotism, just stating my priorities.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    24/7/365

This is a picture I took of our flag the day Officer David Moore was laid to rest. When I got home it was eerily quiet outside and a slight breeze was making the flag creak and pop, it was literally the only sound I could hear at the time.
    P1020738.jpg

Top Bottom