How many blackpowder enthusiasts are on here?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jmak

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I shoot black powder with a Thompson 50 caliber Hawkin that I have had for many years. I went to Atterbury with my neighbor who also has a Hawkin.

Dirty Steve

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Danville
    Dedicated rock-locker here. Nothing better than the smell of real burnt black powder in the morning. Have had several ranging from production to customs. Only have two these days. My .62 cal smoothbore "woods gun" and my .54 SW Virginia Sunday go to meeting gun. The old woods gun will be in hand tomorrow on a rainy day. Sons both killed deer with modern in-lines this year and wife is going to try it for the first time tomorrow as well. Never got into the modern guns, but to each his own.

Dirty Steve

Corbinator

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    I love black powder for everything from turkey to deer to geese/ducks to rabbits. I am however a big fan of the more modern in-line stuff. I shoot a Thompson Center System One 50 cal for deer and I use the Knight TK2000 for Birds/turkeys. I figure the playing field is a little more even this way. I get one shot and so do they.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I spent about 10 years reenacting the 1760-1812 period in the Ohio Valley. Did some historical trekking (or as my wife calls it.."Playing Cowboys and Indians"), and still get the Bess and Long Rifle out for some shooting every now and again.

I even did some documentary film work. I played one of the men who wanted to lynch Joseph Smith in "The Joseph Smith Story" which is played in Salt Lake City and Navoo..

Here is a link to one we did down on the river (Lochrys Defeat, we did ot at the request of the NMLRA). I am the dude in the red coat portraying Matthew Elliott.

Lochry's Defeat

old man Bill

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    I'm a traditional BP shooter, or at least I have been in the past. I got into some reenactment and have built the guns and cast my own ammunition. I am in the process of selling almost all I have accumulated over a lot of years including powder, balls and bullets, molds and lead a well as several traditional BP long guns (rifles and a shotgun) and a couple of pistols. If anyone is looking to expand their armory or accouterments feel free to PM me and we can discuss it. By the way, as was mentioned, there is a thread under General stuff when you open the site that is aimed at determining if this will generate enough interest to have its own permanent thread. If you want that to happen, go there to discuss and maybe we can convince the moderators to let us in.
    Bill

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom