How long have you gone without a shower or bath?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How long have you gone without a shower or bath?

• Total voters

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Yeah, I've had to go over a week before, but yeah, 3 days about does it to me these days. I've been hoarding hygiene supplies as well as food, ammunition, etc.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I voted a week. We went to South Dakota prairie dog shooting, camped out on the prairie for about 4 days before we headed to town for food and to get a room so we could shower.( plus a big storm blew in and we did'nt want to be stuck out there for another week because the truck was buried.)

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Three weeks in a training exercise in the Uwharries. Can't remember that anyone there was really bothered by the lack of showers.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I voted 2-3 days. Went 4 or 5 days before as well, but never a whole week. Always been while camping.
    Longest I have gone from laziness is 2 days.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    I am your basic wuss. I use to do a lot of camping and could go for several days. In my current job I get too hot (especially during the summer). Go on and someone call me a wuss, I would feel better..

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    It was about 50-60 days at one point. Even the rats started staying away from our underground bunker. Military tacticians wonder why the NVA never staged a full scale human wave attack. I think they feared our funky aroma.

showers.jpg

See the link below for a page on our showers and another photo.

Recon Showers
    54 days for me. Me thinks we shared the same stench. Semper FI
    Now it's twice a day showers and shave

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    I am your basic wuss. I use to do a lot of camping and could go for several days. In my current job I get too hot (especially during the summer). Go on and someone call me a wuss, I would feel better..

Ok, you're a wuss. Do you feel better now? :): BUT....you're a clean wuss, and that makes you an appealing one! Handsome is as handsome does, and an unwashed man is ANYTHING but; appealing, handsome, attractive, motivation to consider jumping his bones....(that was my daughters comment), or even consider risking an infraction, just so you could bask in his good looking glory (while trying to talk your way out of it)! So see, you're if nothing else, a clean, handsome, sexy...wuss! Especially when you're in uniform! YUMMY!

I could think of a lot worse thing to be....like having the ladies avoid you like the plague because they can smell you coming a mile off.

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    I"m kind of a hermit, If I'm by myself I go a few days routinely.

I think it's bad for your skin to scrub and wash so much. Obviously if you're active and sweating that's a different story. But to if I'm just sitting around the house for a long weekend, no need.

But I do keep baby wipes in the bathroom. I don't know why that's not more common. If you got poop all over your hand you wouldn't wipe it off with dry tissue and say "good enough". I'm all about the baby wipes. :rockwoot:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Ok, you're a wuss. Do you feel better now? :): BUT....you're a clean wuss, and that makes you an appealing one! Handsome is as handsome does, and an unwashed man is ANYTHING but; appealing, handsome, attractive, motivation to consider jumping his bones....(that was my daughters comment), or even consider risking an infraction, just so you could bask in his good looking glory (while trying to talk your way out of it)! So see, you're if nothing else, a clean, handsome, sexy...wuss! Especially when you're in uniform! YUMMY!

I could think of a lot worse thing to be....like having the ladies avoid you like the plague because they can smell you coming a mile off.

Translation: BOR is a metrosexual. :laugh:

loudpedal

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Parc Fermé
    I was on a coast to coast bicycle ride 2,600 miles in 27 days. You can get about 800 miles out of a shower if you supplement with rainwater, and a hand dryer in a public restroom. As you near the 800mi. mark it is important to keep moving, and not zip your sleeping bag all the way up at night.
    I don't think I ever wore those gloves again.

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    A week.

Specifically finals week for the last semester of my Engineering Degree. I don't think I remembered to eat that week either...

Damn you college. You made me lazy and stinky.

Top Bottom