How is ammo supply in South Eastern states?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeauBailey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2012
    Next week I will be heading to Florida for vacation. I am going to drive and I will be going through Kentucky, Tennessee, South Carolina, and Georgia. Has anyone heard if any of these places are more abundant than Indiana?

hemicharger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   1
    Mar 14, 2008
    Anywhere
    Everyone is sold out and Profire is the only place to get some. I might be biased though:cool:

In all seriousness, I'm sure it's the same around here. Availability seems to getting better.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Everywhere I travel, I see huge quantities of 30.06, 30-30, 38 special, and 9mm on the shelves. I was in Knoxville this last week but only stopped by one gun shop.

Of what ammo shortage do you speak of?

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I am heading to the coast after the 4th in NC. I'm going to stop in at box stores if I can and see if I can snag some .22.

Stay tuned for it hitting the INGO shelves for 75/brick!! WOOT! Dem sum*****es is improrted!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    I had a friend who was in TN a couple of weeks ago and bought several bricks of .22 while he was there. It was priced at 50-60 bucks a brick so he paid a store what many of you pay the folks who wait in line in the early morning hours.

Warsaw214

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Warsaw
    I just returned from a Florida trip via Kentucky, Tenn, Miss, Louisiana... returned Ga, Tenn, Kentucky and hitting small and big box for pistol powder and .22's. I also stopped into Bayou bullets after reading about them here... I am a big fan now and understand what all the fuss is about! Great people, extremely quality and customer conscious, and very knowledgeable.

I recommend visiting the Outpost Armory in Christiana, TN. They carry Dillion presses, components, and supplies in stock. A wall of powder and they don't have a website for online orders yet. They did say to call and they'll ship anything except primers and powder. The majority of my stops had no shortages except for pistol powder. .22's were pricey in the big box stores, I purchased from a small shop $2.65 per 50. with thousands available in one small shop.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    How does one go about finding shops along the way? I'll be going through southern Ohio or northern KY to WV, South into NC...then east to the coast.

I have figured out that non-website shops have much better chance of having stuff in stock.

Obiward

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Fortville
    I was in Athens, GA a couple of weeks ago and was talking with a sporting goods employee. He was saying that .22 mag is about the only thing they are having trouble with there. They had a supply of .22LR, but I wouldn't call it extensive. He says they get CCI, Fed, Rem, etc every week but it sells out in a couple of days at most. They had just about any caliber you were looking for that I saw.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    How does one go about finding shops along the way? I'll be going through southern Ohio or northern KY to WV, South into NC...then east to the coast.

I have figured out that non-website shops have much better chance of having stuff in stock.

It may seem that would be the way but here locally the small shops are the last the latest shipments. Asked, they said the distributors are giving priority to their volume buyers.

Top Bottom