• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    :xmad::xmad::xmad: At least the holster was one that I had made from scrap leather. And the nick in the polymer frame is minor - the holster took most of it.

How?, you ask.

It all started with insomnia brought on by food poisoning... so I moved out the the recliner and tucked the gun and holster between the seat and the arm rest instead of the table that is in arms reach.

A couple cycles up and down to the bathroom :poop::toilet2::puke:and the recliner won't quite function.

Then about 4 tries into it, something clicks in my head and I try to retrieve my pistol... only to find that this is a half-inch-shy-of-needing-power-tools prospect, as it is firmly lodged in the recliner mechanism. :xmad::xmad::xmad:

At least it's all cosmetic damage, but I think I reduced the life expectancy of my holster.

Bigphil5000

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    Columbus
    I've heard of "the dog ate my homework" but "the recliner ate my pistol" that's a new one. And here I thought that the remote was the only thing in danger of the recliners wrath.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    My laptop suffered death by recliner. I had it sitting vertically between the recliner and the end table so I could reach for it while watching TV. One day I put the recliner back and heard a crack. The laptop had fallen down flat on the floor, and when I put the chair back, the corner of the chair smashed it. :facepalm:

Glad your gun is still functional.

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    Well I guess there is worse things in life. A carry gun just has to be functional. They are not exactly fashion statements. :) All I care about is that my guns are clean and ready to go. So when I pull the trigger they go Bang. :) Nick or no nick. Somehow I managed to put a small nick in the poly frame of my pocket pistol. Not sure how, but at the same time I don't care. I only look at it when I take it out of my pants and lay on the night stand and then once a week to look for sneaky Bunnies in it...

Fire Lord

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Around Franklin
    Hope you get feeling better. I've "tore up" a couple of my guns. Really sucks with the first little nick. I learned though, if it's a carry gun, it's a tool. You wouldn't be concerned if you scratched a hammer, right? So if it works properly, go with it. If it's a safe queen, I feel for you!

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I've heard of "the dog ate my homework" but "the recliner ate my pistol" that's a new one. And here I thought that the remote was the only thing in danger of the recliners wrath.

Then there is always.. Dog Ate My Glock..
    IMAG1097.jpg

Top Bottom