How horrible is the stock CZ 75B trigger?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kazaam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    I'm strongly considering buying a CZ 75B but am holding back because of the trigger. I hear it's a great gun, but without trigger work from a third party, the trigger has a ridiculously long reset, gritty, etc.

Any advice you guys can offer for someone who wants this as a first gun but doesn't want to send it out for third party work (and spend even more money)?

Thanks!

P.S. I was going to get a Sig P225 Elite Stainless but nearly everyone (even on two Sig forums, and 5 other general gun forums (yes, I'm that thorough lol :eek:)) says that they like the CZ 75B over the Sig P226, except the P226 has a way better stock trigger than the P226.

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    the trigger on my p-01 was ridiculously heavy in DA. they come with a 20# main spring. after shooting it smooths out, the reset is not that long

you dont need to send it off to get work done. CGW sells drop in hammers and triggers. i have installed a hammer, extended firing pin, carbide pins, and lighter springs in my p-01 and the trigger pull is sweet. i also polished the internals to a mirror finish, i finished off with an 11.5# mainspring. working on them is easy.

cajungunworks

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    Mine isn't terrible. DA is a little stiff but i carry cocked and locked so it doesn't matter how heavy DA is. SA is not to bad. There is a guy down in Greenwood that does wonderful work from what i have heard and as soon as i can i will get him to do some work on mine and report back somewhere on INGO. His name is David Hope and comes recommended through The Outdoorsman.

RandomName

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    I like CZ. The trigger is on the heavier side, but I wouldn't say its gritty. Its smooth and predictable, just heavier than I'd prefer.

They wear like cast iron, too. You'll wear out before your gun does.

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    CZ

Look on the CZ.forum they give a step by step trigger job that i followed and now have a trigger that is much smother than before. They don't get quite as good as a 1911 though.Do a trigger job and change the main spring and you would probably be good to go.

JimmyR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Clark County
    I own a CZ-75 BD and a Sig p250. Now, even though the p250 is a DAO, I LOVE my CZ trigger. I am no pro, and don't have a lot of experience, but I'd say you'd be happier with a CZ than a Sig 6 ways from Sunday (and it seems like that has been the general consensus).

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    the trigger on my p-01 was ridiculously heavy in DA. they come with a 20# main spring. after shooting it smooths out, the reset is not that long

you dont need to send it off to get work done. CGW sells drop in hammers and triggers. i have installed a hammer, extended firing pin, carbide pins, and lighter springs in my p-01 and the trigger pull is sweet. i also polished the internals to a mirror finish, i finished off with an 11.5# mainspring. working on them is easy.

cajungunworks

The one P-01 I ever held and tried the trigger on was the last one I'll ever touch. Worst trigger I've ever touched :noway:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    All my CZs are stock with the exception of springs. They all have buttery smooth triggers. I don't know who told you that but I own six CZs, three of which are 75s. They are by far the best triggers on any guns I have owned.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    CZ triggers are stupid heavy stock. AND its a very long pull. And usually a very curved trigger meant for a thin finger.

Do not like.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    It really is a matter of perception. I have found my stock CZ 75 Compact to be quite nice. It's heavier than my 1911s, but it is supposed to be heavier than my 1911s. In SA, it's every bit as good as my Hi Power and does approach a stock 1911.

If you want a ridiculous DA trigger pull, check out a stock PPK. It makes a DA Nagant revolver feel smooth.

Sagamore - One

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 31, 2012
    Near Bippus
    CZ 75 trigger

My CZ 75 Compact has a MUCH more refined trigger right out of the box than my son's P226 after a thousand rounds. The CZ is almost too light in single action. I find myself doing double taps if I don't concentrate.
    I think there are good and bad in all maker's lineup. I must have gotten a good CZ.

David

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    I have a 75 compact and the original trigger was decent, not a 1911 but not a Glock either. I cleaned the parts up and installed a CZ single action only trigger in it, it's still not 1911 good but it's very nice.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    sig%20logo.jpg

stoyan79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    Changing the main spring on the CZs makes a world of difference. It is a 5min job and springs are cheap @ Wolff. They are not bad out the box, but with spring change it feels like $2K competition pistol.

Top Bottom