• ...and so much more!
  • INGO and beards?

• Total voters

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    I sport a goatee, thinking about a fu man chu.

BL_HORIZONTAL_beardly1_goatee_sm.jpg

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    I will. It won't be pretty, I'm sure, as there's enough genetically to keep me from getting full-on lumberjack quality. But, what the hell. Gotta shave tomorrow for a funeral, and a clean-up on Sunday for my wife's birthday, but after Sunday, I'll put the razor away for a month (or more).

Anybody else in?

I'm in. Haven't shaved for four days so I'll get a head start

Also for the people new to ingo-ichokepeople has a couple great examples of quality posts in this thread.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Yeah, but he still hasn't got to 50 in order to use the classifieds. :D

Someday. As a step in that direction, I'd like to offer some advice to those who are reluctant to allow their beard to grow due to... social pressure at home. I mean this in a purely helpful way, brother to... well, I'd call you 'brother', but I'm not sure with that baby-smooth face that makes you look just like any other woman or child. Anyway, try this:

Just as a thought, just as an idea, you might try growing a beard, a spine, and maybe a couple of other carefully selected items generally associated with manhood. Then maybe the woman in your life would recognize you as the man you want to be, in your heart, and allow you make some decisions on your own besides whether to use warm water or hot when you do the laundry. Maybe, somewhere down the road, she'd even allow you to wear pants. Perhaps at some point you could even set her free from this unnatural role she's been forced to assume in the absence of a manly presence in the home and allow her to fulfill her genetic predisposition to return to the kitchen and make you, the man of the house, a sammich. Instead of deciding how YOU wear your facial hair and when to change the oil in the truck, she could make truly important decisions, like whether to serve your sammich with a nice hefe or deep, hearty schwarzbier.

Just trying to help.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Someday. As a step in that direction, I'd like to offer some advice to those who are reluctant to allow their beard to grow due to... social pressure at home. I mean this in a purely helpful way, brother to... well, I'd call you 'brother', but I'm not sure with that baby-smooth face that makes you look just like any other woman or child. Anyway, try this:

Just as a thought, just as an idea, you might try growing a beard, a spine, and maybe a couple of other carefully selected items generally associated with manhood. Then maybe the woman in your life would recognize you as the man you want to be, in your heart, and allow you make some decisions on your own besides whether to use warm water or hot when you do the laundry. Maybe, somewhere down the road, she'd even allow you to wear pants. Perhaps at some point you could even set her free from this unnatural role she's been forced to assume in the absence of a manly presence in the home and allow her to fulfill her genetic predisposition to return to the kitchen and make you, the man of the house, a sammich. Instead of deciding how YOU wear your facial hair and when to change the oil in the truck, she could make truly important decisions, like whether to serve your sammich with a nice hefe or deep, hearty schwarzbier.

Just trying to help.

That right there boys might be the single greatest post in INGO history. Any of you newbies lookin for examples of a "quality" post. That's it right there. You crank out just 1 like that, you might get the other 49 waived, and be welcomed with open arms into the INGO family. :crying: Excuse me, I've got sumfin in my eyes.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There

Just trying to help.

Yes, sir, that right there is a QUALITY post! I'd rep you, but TPTB have decided I need to redistribute my rep elsewhere.

Oh, and for the record, I only shave like once a week anyway. If you meet me on a day that I've shaved, one of us better have a bible in our hands because I'm at church.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Yes, sir, that right there is a QUALITY post! I'd rep you, but TPTB have decided I need to redistribute my rep elsewhere.

Oh, and for the record, I only shave like once a week anyway. If you meet me on a day that I've shaved, one of us better have a bible in our hands because I'm at church.

Why shave on Sunday? Jesus has a beard and wants you to have one too.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana

Just trying to help.

:laugh:

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county

Just trying to help.
    thanks for setting me straight. all this time, i thought being a husband to my wife and a father to my children made me a man. before reading this post, i would have thought that having to relearn how to walk after my spinal injury might have earned me a few points on the manly scale, especially since i quit physical therapy 6 weeks before i was scheduled to. i got my doctor to release me back to work, and didn't have the strength to do both. i still walk with a noticeable limp, but it did keep my wife from quitting college at the time. of course, i did shave regularly, so i guess that doesn't count.

before i knew that the choices i make about my facial hair determine my manliness, i would have thought being a man meant making hard decisions like forgoing a prescription refill so i could buy my daughter diapers, or putting the boat given to me by my grandfather up for sale in order to fund an additional bedroom for the newest addition to my family.

i forgot that what's really important determining my worth as a man is not the job i do providing for and protecting my family, but gaining the approval of a bunch of strangers on the internet. glad that i was set straight.

... and that, my friends, is how you make a quality post.:D:D

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    alright, mr. buzzkill has gotten a good night's sleep and is smiling again. back to bashing us baby-faced sissy boys! it's all good, and if i could find someone to sponsor me for a novembeard charity fundraiser, i would definitely grow one out.:rockwoot:

Top Bottom